39

Weakness

Fuck.

I continued muttering in my head. How could I not see this? I knew Erwin would do something but I didn't expect it to be this big. They really out did themselves. Damn these idiots, why can't they just let me go.

"After a careful consideration and with the blessing of Queen Historia herself, I will grant Commander Erwin's proposal for the scout regiment to have Tanya Karpov. However, if I hear one incident that you killed a human after this trial, I have the right to throw you back in jail, slit your eyes, slash you publicly, and your execution would be the most painful of all; Cutting of limbs."

That was Darius Zackly's final sentence before they handed me in to the scouts.

We reached the room somewhere just down the hall, it had white walls and a bunch of book shelves on the side. As soon as Erwin closes the door, I immediately punched Levi in the face and kicked Erwin's knee causing both of them to groan in pain and lose balance.

"What the-"

"Tanya! What was that for?!"

"What the hell is wrong with you two?! I just told you I don't need your help! You ruined a perfect escape!" I growled angrily. They seemed to he taken aback by my outburst.

"We saved you from getting executed. What were you thinking back there?" Erwin tried not to raise his voice.

"I know exactly what I was doing alright?" I fired back. "Oh and threatening to quit, Levi? Seriously? Are you out of your damn mind!?"

Levi was just about to talk but furious Erwin beat him to it.

"Really? You knew what you were doing? Because it sounded to me like you're trying to get a much heavier sentence. Is that what you want? You really want yourself to get killed?"

"It was the only way."

"For what?" Erwin asked as his gaze were solely focused on me.

I didn't even want to talk about it, what will they think of me if they find out I'm scared of my own grandfather? I don't want to think that I'm weak.

My gaze landed on Levi holding his nose and glaring at me with a furious look on his face. I exhaled sharply and contained myself.

"You know what, forget it." I said as I aligned Levi's nose.

"Ow!" He grunted in pain.

"Sorry." I said silently. Levi was still glaring at me and just as when he was about to say something a bunch of people came crashing through the door.

"Rav-- I mean Tanya!" Jean yells at the top of his lungs.

"What the hell were you thinking?! You could've been executed back the--" Eren screams but then was pushed over by Connie and Sasha who ran towards me and trapped me with their hug.

I guess a week really is a long time?

"Tanya you lunatic!" Connie screamed.

"We missed you!" I felt Sasha's tears. Wait is she crying?

"I'll never forgive that Nile for doing that to you." Mikasa had dark aura surrounding her face.

"We thought you'll really die back there." Armin says in a low tone of sadness.

"That's true! You know we can't live without you right?" Sasha continued sobbing as they all held onto me. Hanji and Erwin looks at my blank stare while keeping themselves from laughing.