29

Escape
Part 1
-Flashback Chapter-

I read my grandfather's letter, it was just a bunch of names but I already know what he wants me to do. I sighed and kept the letter hidden under my desk, I'm not in the mood for a blood bath right now. I know if I responded to this then it will still keep coming.

I took my military jacket and made my way out of my office.

"Captain Grey, are you going somewhere?" Nate asked when he saw me leaving. I usually go with either him or Carter but I decided not to bring them today.

"It's fine, I'm just going to the headquarters to meet Commander Nile." I said and headed out without waiting for his reply. I grabbed my horse and went to the headquarters.

I wonder what Nile wants now.

A couple of minutes have passed and I made it to the HQ, I tied my horse somewhere and got to Nile's office. I knocked three times.

"Who is it?" I heard him say.

"It's Captain Grey, you asked me to come." I announced in my usual tone. It was silent for a moment.

"Come in." He said, he was shaking. I opened the door and saw Nile. That's weird, why does he have a guilty look on his face all of a sudden?

I closed the door behind me and I unexpectedly felt something on my neck. My heart beated loudly as I took the thing that was shot to my neck and saw a thin needle attached to a red plastic thing. A Tranquilliser.

Fuck.

I slowly felt dizzy and fell on my feet but someone managed to catch me. My eyes were a bit blurry, I couldn't see who it was, but I knew he was a man wearing a black hat.

"So this is her? She looks pretty harmless to me." I heard him say. I he held me, I managed to pick up one of my dagger from my waist and slashed his stomach causing him to drop me on the ground.

"Shit!" He yells as I felt another tranq injected to my body. That's when it all went black.

--

I woke up in a dark room, my hands were cuffed together and I was surrounded by a bunch of armed men.

"You're awake." I recognize his voice.

"You got me real good even with that tranq in your system. Impressive." He says and I saw his ruined shirt with blood and bandages.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I asked bitterly.

I felt the cuffs that was holding me, it's metal, just like what the survey corps used against me. I can easily get out of this but seeing the amount of people in this room, I wouldn't make an escape. I need to find a perfect time.

"Oh right, how rude of me. I'm Kenny, you may have heard me as a myth, Kenny the ripper."

I flinched. He's Kenny. The Kenny I've been looking for. I finally found him but this is not exactly not how I pictured our first meeting to happen.

"Ackerman." The only thing that escaped my mouth. Kenny was a bit surprised by what I said.

"Leave us be." He ordered his men. They all left and it was only me and Kenny. He pulled out a chair and sat in front of me. I can feel my blood boiling in anger, humiliation, regret, all of it.

"So, you do know me." He says. "Nile said I should be careful with you, and that you're someone with inhuman skills." He stated, sounding impressed.