4

Trost

I lied down on the grass beside the huge tree and breathed the fresh breeze of the forest. Night time really is relaxing for me. I don't know why, maybe because it's cold, calm, and quiet--

"What are you doing?" I opened my eyes and saw Jean's face looking down at me. I rolled my eyes, just when I thought I could have a silent time alone.

"Nothing, what does it look like." I said sarcastically. I didn't move and stayed that way. Jean just sat beside me, I felt his gentle hands lift up my head and made me rest on his lap.

"You might catch dirt on your hair." He says in his usual tone. I didn't mind, I kind of liked his company even though he's a little chatty.

"You haven't told me why you wanted to join the military police yet." He suddenly says. I opened my eyes, he wasn't looking at me, his gaze was fixated on the bright stars above us.

"Do I have to?" I asked in a bored tone. The first time he asked me about it was back in the dining hall on our second day as cadets. I wasn't that familiar to his character yet, that's why I didn't tell him. But now, we've gone a bit closer, and I know, I can trust him.

"It's up to you. But as your bestfriend, I'd very much appreciate it if you decide to tell it to me." He says. I sat up and faced him.

"Alright, But are you sure you know how to keep a secret?" I asked.

He immediately nods. "Ofcourse, you can trust me Raven." He stated.

"That's not enough." I said as I snatched my boot knife and grabbed his arm. His eyes widened, but it all happened too fast.

"Blood pact." I said and ran the blade on his palms safely, not that deep.

"Raven!" He complains when he saw the horizontal wound on his left palm.

"Don't be such a baby." I said and did the same thing to my right hand. Jean's eyes widen in shock when he saw my emotionless state as I ran the knife on my skin.

"So...you just carry around a knife with you at all times?" He asked curiously.

"You don't?" I replied and placed the knife back on where it came from.

I lend my blooded hand as a sign of our promise, he sighes and shakes it. "You trust me now?"

I smiled victoriously. "I do trust you, but I had to be sure."

I saw his relieved face when he heard me say I trust him. Jean kept quiet and leaned his back on the tree.

"So, my mom was murdered by five gun men. They shot her endlessly until they were satisfied." I tried telling the story without sounding like I care so much. I don't want anyone thinking I'm weak. "That's why I'm gonna join the military police, I'm gonna find them, and make them pay for what they did."

Everything I told him were true, I'd make them pay. But not with the government's rule. My rules. I'm gonna make them suffer, one by one.

"I'm sorry, that was horrible." Jean says and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I understand why you didn't tell me right away."

I appreciated him being there for me, and he accepted me on not being able to express my feelings properly. But, I know that he knows, I care about him.

-

Years later...

I jumped from the roof and into the titan's nape, I slashed it and hooked towards the roof where Jean and the others was.