24

On your side

Commander Nile marched inside the warehouse where Erwin and the other survey corps were. Finally, he was about to find out who the Shadow is. Nile started thinking of the scenarios in his head, what he'll do once he has custody of her, the adrenaline started rushing through his veins.

He opened the door and saw all of them gathered in the center of the room. His eyes sparkled in excitement.

"She got away." Levi plainly said without any emotion in his tone.

Nile's mood immediately dropped as if his dreams were crushed right infront of him.

"The Shadow put up a big fight and, she was really fast." Jean said. Nile wanted to think they were lying but, he knew what the Shadow was capable of. Two arrest attempts isn't good enough.

"You know, Nile. We could've caught her, all you had to do is ask." Nile looks at the girl wearing a military police jacket. She's sitting there with her legs crossed, grinning in her own amusement.

Her friends looks at her worriedly, thinking she'll blow her own cover. She could feel Levi's intense stare.

"What the hell are you doing here Grey?" Nile asked in annoyance. Raven stood from her seat and walked across the room.

"I heard you were planning to catch the Shadow, but you were too afraid that you decided to ask the survey corps for help, instead of me." She says as he looks at Nile. Her voice gave a chilling sensation on Nile's spine. The people in the room was in awe of the tension, and couldn't figure out how Raven managed to turn the tables on Nile.

"I-I'm sorry?" Nile apologised, confusedly. Raven's grin grew enigmatically.

"Make the officers bring all the files about the Shadow case in my station, I'll take it from here." She ordered. Nile had no choice but to agree with the new plan. He was suddenly knocked from his senses when the woman smacked his shoulder.

"Chin up Nile. We're gonna catch this bastard." Raven says confidently before walking out the door with a victorious smirk.

Once again, she won.

The members of the survey corps was in awe upon hearing their converstation. She truly is a skilled liar, Erwin thought.

__

Hanji and Levi sat across Erwin's office. There was an uncomfortable silence for a long time, none of them dared to say a word. The two looked at Erwin who was faced down on his desk with his palms on his forehead, as if he was having a mental breakdown.

"Erwin, I know this is a sensitive topic to talk about but, what is your plan on all this?" Hanji asks, breaking the dead air around them. Levi didn't pour them any look and just continue drinking his black tea.

Erwin groans in frustration. "I don't know, Hanji. Finding out that your sister is a brutal murderess is an unfamiliar territory for me." He said with a bitter sarcasm.

"This is my fault." He added.

"Erwin, none of this is your fault. File 628 is about Grace Karpov, how were you supposed to know that she's related to Raven?" Hanji tries her best to make Erwin feel better.

"No, it's not that..." He trailed off and massaged his temples to calm himself. "I should've came back for her, or atleast I should've introduced myself that I'm her brother, that way she wouldn't have grown up with that insane grandfather of hers. He made Raven to what she is today and, god--" He groans loudly.