52

Regrets

It's been a few days when I noticed that most of the squad were avoiding me. I just got back from the stables so I didn't mind. I've been pretty busy and really tired myself, I was up all night so I never had time to deal with these shits.

That was until when I sat beside Jean, but the moment I did, he immediately got up from his seat and left without even saying a word. I furrowed my brows by that sudden act and looked to who was left on the squad.

"The hell is wrong with him?" I asked in annoyance but most of them avoided my gaze.

"W-we don't know." Armin stuttered looking down on his food. They are all acting weird. I was just about to say something when a voice called out to me.

"Tanya, a word." Levi says in his usual tone. I abandoned my food and followed him to his office.

He went over to the center of the room and leaned on his desk. "Can I ask you something? And promise to be honest with me."

There was something different on his tone, and his aura. Levi's face was dsrk as if waiting for something bad to happen, this wasn't the usual coldness of Levi, it's completely different.He was damn serious.

I just went over to him and muttered. "Ofcourse."

Levi let out a deep sigh. "Where were you two nights ago?"

I knotted my brows at his question. Why the hell would he ask me that? And even more, what should I tell him?

"I'm here, in the headquarters, why?" I asked innocently. There's no way he could see through me.

Levi suddenly enveloped me into a hug, tighter than usual, like he was gonna lose me. He rests his chin on my shoulder while I was still a bit confused by his actions.

"Please. You've spent your whole life lying. Be honest with me." He said thst made me pull away from him. What is he saying? That because of my past, all I could do is lie? That I'm not capable of being honest?

"What are you accusing me of?" I asked and tried to cross my arms only to find out that my wrist is cuffed on his desk. My eyes widened then turned back at Levi who had a cold look on his face.

How?

"I know you'd try to run away."

"What the hell." I uttered in disbelief. My heart was racing when a bunch of Military police came busting on the door.

"What the hell Levi?!" I yelled angrily as my mind desperately searched for a way out. I reached for my knife on my holster but only to find out that it's gone.

"Looking for this?"Levi waved the knife infront of me while the police cuffed my hands behind my back.

"Tanya Karpov you are arrested for the murder of Rosie Kates, twenty prisoners and two police officers two nights ago." Nile came in with a warrant.

"What the hell are you talking about? I didn't kill that bitch." I defended. None of them seemed to believe me. Even him.

"Just take her. Before it causes any more commotion." Levi turned his back at me.