Chapter 12

Authors note: If you like my story please vote, add your libraries, and comment. It lets me know that you enjoy the direction it is going in. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Chapter 12

Trinity classrooms have huge windows. It's something they mentioned several times when I took the school tour over a year ago. Apparently, the natural sunlight is great for keeping students awake and helps with concentration.

They are also magnificent at letting in the morning light. It spilled into the room slowly like honey, and I could feel the warmth of it on my face before I even opened my eyes.

Once I did, the pleasant warmth from the window was overtaken by a cold dread at realizing I fell asleep on the art room floor. I snapped up and regretted it the instant I did. I slept with my neck at a weird angle against the supply shelves. Noah, at some point, had woken up and made himself comfortable on the couch. I grabbed my phone from under my bag and looked at the time. Holy shit. It was five-forty. This was later than I usually woke up.

I stood up and grabbed my things. There was no way I would have time to make it home and back in time for class.

"Noah," I said, shaking his shoulder.

"Yeah?" He asked and rubbed his face.

"We fell asleep."

"Yeah, I sleep there all the time," he said and looked at the time on his watch, "hmm, I still have an hour before Harris gets here, night princess," he said and turned on the couch closing his eyes again.

I shook his shoulder again, "Don't you need to change?"

"No. I have rec first and brought a change of clothes. Do me a favor and pull down the curtain on your way out, thanks."

Oh. I thought to myself, I also had a change of clothes in my locker. "Alright, later then," I mumbled to Noah's sleeping form before I ran out of the room and hurried to take a shower and change before anyone else could see me.

After I showered and got dressed, I sat on a bench in the locker room, braiding my hair when the door open.

"Why are you here so early?" Abigail asked as she put her bag down next to me.

"I wanted to get a run in before class," I said, finishing the braid on my left side and starting on my right.

"The track team is so intense."

"Why are you here so early?" I asked her. Abigail was usually in class right as the bell rang. With a cup of coffee in hand.

"Dance try-outs," we do some in the morning and some after school, "what happened to your face?"

"Is it that noticeable?"

"Yeah," she said, raising her eyebrows.

"I opened a door on my face," I said, turning my face to look at myself in the mirror.

"Geez, how are you so good at running and yet so clumsy?"

I shrugged.

"I would offer makeup, but I don't think even with my summer tan we would match," she said, touching my cheek and causing me to wince, "does it hurt?"

"No, Abigail, it tickles," I said drily.

"Sorry, no need to get testy. It just looked kinda swollen, and I wanted to see if it was warm," she said, sitting down next to me, "Maybe you should put triple-A on it?"