1: Deserving in her eyes

Third person POV. (probably only for this chapter:))
*when they were in grade 3

Sin grumpily walked towards the classroom. Today was the day he loathed, hated, despised. Father's Day. He hated that this day could make him feel insecure and undeserving. He hated having to write a card to the person he hated the most. Well.. the person he felt the most hate from.

You see sin actually loved his dad. Always sought love and validation from him. But at some point he gave up because his dad was never around and when he was, he only talked about how undeserving, unlovable, incapable, and weak sin was. How he never wanted Sin in the first place. A mistake. That's what George, sin's father, called him.

His mom on the other hand was a very sweet loving nurse. Lily met George when she was a teenager falling for his charms and sweet words. She soon got pregnant with sin and that's when George broke her heart. Telling her that he was going to pay child support but that's it. She always tried to comfort sin when he was upset about his dad. She tried her best. Sin was very close to his mom. A momma's boy if you will. However her kindness, vulnerability and naivety annoyed sin. Sin had learnt that's what gets you hurt in the first place.

Anyways. Sin was now sitting in the classroom after the teacher instructed the children to start making the Father's Day cards. Groaning and dropping the pencil, Sin decided he wouldn't do this card thing. Why waste the time. Suddenly the door opened and in came a beautiful little girl. Big green eyes, long light wavy brown hair and beautiful pink lips. She carried a purple backpack that was almost bigger than her due to her short height. Sin had never noticed her before. He was in awe of her beauty.

Sin was snapped out of those thoughts when the little angel spoke. "Sorry teacher, my dad woke up late." She said with an nervous and apologetic smile. The teacher smiled and said "That's okay Elyse. We're doing Father's Day cards. Please go sit by Sin and Tyler." With a nod she started walking to the table.

She hugged the boy next to Sin, which he now knew as Tyler. "Hi ty!" She said. He hugged her back and said "Hey Elyse!". The little angel surprised sin by hugging him too. Sin tensed as the only person who has ever hugged him was his mom. "I know we don't know each other but Im Elyse. What's your name?" She said. Sin hesitantly hugged back and said "Im sin.".

They soon started working on their cards. Tyler kept looking over to Elyse. The girl he has liked since they met in grade 1. Meanwhile Elyse was looking over at Sin, wondering why he wasn't making his card and why he looked so sad.

"What's wrong Sin? Don't have a father to make a card for? Oh poor little sin. Your father left you. Of course he did. That's what you deserve." The guy at the next table scoffed, saying this in a mocking tone. Sin hated that his words hurt his feelings, that his words were partly true. He opened his mouth to mutter a 'shut up' back , however he was interrupted by the little angel next to him. "Stop it jay. You don't know sin. You have no right to talk about him or his father. Sin is very deserving. You need to shut up."

Sin was shocked. No one ever stood up for him. No one. Not even his mom. She was too sweet, scared and naive to do that. But Somehow she did. His little angel, Elyse did. He was Deserving in her eyes. And in that moment that's all that mattered.