8: Hurting me

Sin POV

I walk in the hallways knocking on each doors looking for Elyse. She's been gone for a while now and I'm getting worried. What's she doing?

I knock on another door and say "Elyse you in there?" After a couple seconds I hear her say "yeah sin I'm fine. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Don't come in. I'll be there in a little bit." Don't come in? What the fuck? She sounds breathless. What the fuck is she doing in there? No. I'm not gonna act crazy and let my insecurities get to me. I have to trust her. I groan, trying my best to calm down and walk away.

--

Okay now I'm getting impatient. It's been ten minutes. Where is she? Spence nudges me and says "don't look so sad, she'll be back in a little bit. You look like a kid that got their toy taken away." He chuckles. I shoot him a glare letting him know that I'm not in the mood for jokes.

I suddenly catch sight of Elyse and a smile forms on my face. God, I missed her. My smile quickly turns into a frown when I see who she's with. She's walking towards us with Tyler right next to her . Holding her hand. Tyler looks at me with a grin on his face. I'm so fucking close to punching this dickhead.

They come up standing in front of us. My eyes look towards Elyse but she's not making eye contact with me. In fact she's looking at the floor not making eye contact with any of us. "Why are you guys holding hands?" A now awake Selene says as she chuckles. I'm wondering the same this Selene. Why is Tyler holding my angels hand?

Tyler smiles as he looks over to Elyse then back to us. "Well, We've been wanting to tell you guys this for a while now..... Me and Elyse are dating." What? My eyebrows furrow in confusion. No. We kissed. She told me she really liked me. No. Elyse wouldn't do that. My eyes widen as I look to Elyse, hoping she'd deny what he said. But she's already looking up at Tyler. A sense of jealousy quickly overtakes my mind. "What? Why did I not know about this till now?" Selene says. Spence rubs her back and says "Calm down babe." Elyse shifts uncomfortably as she says "Um well we just wanted to find the right time to tell you guys."

I shut my eyes as I put my head in my hands. No I'm not accepting this. They're dating? But how? I don't get it. She just kissed me yesterday. She fucking told me she likes me. I feel hurt. I feel so fucking hurt. "Can I talk to you?" I say as I get up and grab her arm with me. Not giving her a chance to answer. I pull her into a random room, locking the door. I turn around and look at her. She's still looking at the floor, not making eye contact with me.

"What are you doing Elyse? What do you mean you're dating?" I ask trying to be as calm as possible. The last thing I want to do is yell or get angry at Elyse. I wait for an answer but nothing. She stays silent. "Look at me, Elyse." When she still doesn't look up I say in a louder tone. "Look at me. Please."

She finally looks up at me and a frown forms on her face. I walk closer to her gently cupping her face. I look into her eyes. Pleading with her. Silently begging her to tell me it's all a lie or a joke. "What's he talking about? You guys are dating?" I ask. She takes a deep breath and says "yes".

I let go of her face as a I take a few steps back. "What do you mean, Elyse? You kissed me yesterday and today too. You told me you liked me. What? Were you just playing with my feelings?" I ask not being able to hide the break in my voice. She looks at me and her eyes watery and filled with hurt and panic. "No. No, I wasn't. I didn't want to play with your feelings, sin. You have to forgive me, please." She said a tear finally escaping her eyes.

I wanted so badly to wipe her tears and comfort her. But I was too angry. Too angry at myself. For being vulnerable. For ever thinking someone would want me. Especially her.

"We'll you hurt me Elyse. You're hurting me." I said as I looked her in her eyes. Her eyes Filled with realization. She looked so sad. Her frown grew as more tears came down her face. "Don't. Don't say that. Ple-" her sentence was cut off by a knock on the door. I opened the door meeting Tyler's eyes. Oh fucking hell. He looked at me and then walked past me cupping Elyse's face. However elyse was only looking at me. Tears still dripping down her face. "Angel are you okay? Did he do something?" He asked giving her lips a small kiss.

And that's when I lost it. All the self control I had just went out the window. Angel? This fucker just called her angel. I tackled him to the ground and threw punch at his face. I heard Elyse gasp as she yelled stop. "Don't fucking call her that." I said as I threw another punch. And another. And another. I was going in for another punch when someone pulled me off of him. "Stop it. Fucking hell man. Stop." I heard Spence say as I thrashed against him. I looked down at Tyler and he was knocked out. Good. He deserves it. Finally getting out of his hold I rushed over to Elyse.

Cupping her face with both my hands. I looked in her eyes. Her lips were trembling and her eyes were bloodshot and swollen. "Tell me your lying. Angel, please tell me your lying. Tell me this is not real and I'll get you out of here. Tell me you're lying please. Please angel." I beg.

More tears fall from her eyes as she shakes her head. "I can't sin." My face falls. I can quite literally feel my heart breaking. My chest feels heavy. Like I can't breath. I let go of her face and walk out of the room. I hear Spence following behind me and calling my name. "Sin just stop for a second." He says from behind me. I stop and look at him. "Just make sure she gets home safe please." Spence sighs in defeat but nods and with that I walk out.

--

I lay down on my bed facing the ceiling. All I can think of is her.
Her beautiful eyes.
Her smile.
Her touch.
The way she snuggles closer to me when I hold her.
The way she gets bossy when cooking.
The way her body calms when I touch her.
The way she teases me.
The way she pulls me in closer when kissing me.
The way that's she's now doing all of that for him.

Yeah... that kills me. It kills me to know that he gets to make her smile, to touch her, to hold her, to kiss her... She doesn't see the way he looks at her. Like she's his property. Like he owns her.

I think back to the party when she went to talk to Tyler. What were they talking about? She sounded really flustered and breathless when I knocked on the door. We're they just talking? Or were they doing more? Ugh... I don't get it.

Something just doesn't add up. Why would she kiss me and tell me she likes me and then the next date day she's dating Tyler. And they said they were trying to find the right time to tell us- meaning they've been dating for a while now. Did she cheat on Tyler with me? Was she with him when she kissed me? When she told me she really liked me?

My head snapped to the door when I heard a knock. "Sin, you awake baby?" I heard my moms voice say. "Yeah mama, come in." She came in with a big smile but tired eyes. Still in her uniform. My mom really liked working as a nurse. I think she uses it as a distraction. To not deal with things. Her smile dropped when she saw my sad expression. "What's wrong, baby?" She said as she sat on the bed by me and pulled me in a hug.

I sigh as I buried my face in the crook of her neck and pulled her in tighter. "Nothing, mama. Everything's okay." I said trying to keep my tears in. "I know somethings going on. Whatever it is just know it's going to be okay. Trust that universe will have your best interest in mind." I nodded and took a deep breath as I pulled away from her. She cupped my face and smiled, kissing my forehead before getting up from my bed, heading towards the door.

The pictures on my wall caught her attention. She smiled as she looked threw the pictures. "Awe this is so cute." She said. "Look This one is from when you guys were little kids. Look she's smiling and you look so grumpy." She chuckled pointing to a picture. "I miss Elyse. I haven't seen her in a while because of work. Invite her for dinner this week okay?" Yeah mama, I miss her too. I nodded as I muttered a 'mhm'

"Goodnight baby." She said as she walked out. "Goodnight mama."