48: All over again

Another update. I love writing this book. It makes me so happy.

Please vote, comment and follow. It really helps my story.

Elyse POV

Sin said he's inviting some of our friends over. Saying it could help me remember. And since it's been 4 days since I was discharged they want to see me.

These four days were hard. I've had so many panic attacks and mental breakdowns but Sin always knew how to help. He'd say all the right things and do all right things.

We did a lot of the things that they used to do. Well, we not they. He took me out for a picnic. He took me out to paint. He took me out to a cinema. He cooked dinner for me. He took me to an arcade. And it was all so much fun.

But the worst part, was seeing how his face took a look of disappointment and heartbreak after I told him I still didn't remember anything.

It broke me to see him like that. Because of me.

I walk to our washroom, I knock on the door, knowing Sin's in there.

"Are you coming out or do you want me to go to anoth-" my sentence is stopped when the door unlocks and he walks out.

His head hung low, keeping his eyes on the floor, as he says, "Yeah, you can go."

His voice comes out really strained.

I gently cup his face, seeing as he tenses but quickly melts at my touch. I pull his face up, making his eyes meet mine.

The sight makes my heart hurt.

His eyes swollen and red, the tip of his nose red, and tears still linger in his eyes.

He's been crying.

He gently tries to push my hand away, but I don't budge.

"Why are you crying?" I ask.

For some reason I want him to feel better. I want to do whatever I can to make him feel better. I would do anything to make him feel better right now.

He shakes his head.

"No- Um- I wasn't crying." He says, attempting to walk away.

I grab his wrist, gently pulling him to the bed. I lay on the bed, seeing him stand above me, staring at me. I tap the space next to me, signaling him to lay beside me.

He looks at me for a second before sighing and dropping next to me. He lays facing me. I grab his hands putting them on my waist. He gives me a confused look, but I don't stop. I wrap my hands around him, pulling him closer to me, resting his head on my upper chest.

He quickly relaxes in my hold. Holding me tighter against him. I run my hands through his hair, attempting to calm him.

"Did she do this?" I ask, wanting to know if this was even helping.

"Not she, Elyse. You. You used to do this." Sin says painfully.

I cringe at the horrible mistake I made.

"Sorry." I say.

"Let it out. It's okay to cry sin. You can cry." I say, running my hands through his hair.

He just lays there for a moment before I feel his tears fall on my chest. My heart breaks.

"I almost lost you, angel. I almond lost you for good. And now that you're back, you don't even remember me. You don't love me anymore." He says, sniffling as I feel more tears on my chest.