3: Shitty decision

*trigger warning: abuse, suicide
Elyse POV

"Okay I'll see you Monday." I say. I slept at Sin's house last night and now he's dropping me off. To say that I'm scared would be an understatement. I knew my dad would hurt me. He would hurt me real bad.

I was basically shaking with fear as I reached for the door handle. Sin grabs my hand to stop me from leaving. "Hey what's wrong? You're shaking." He brings his other hand up, cupping my face.

"Nothing I'm okay Sin. I'm just a little cold." I quickly defended, not wanting him to be suspicious.

His eyebrows furrow he seemingly believes or at least accepts my excuse. "Okay angel. Call me or text me if you need anything. And cover up as soon as you go inside so you don't catch a cold." He says while rubbing my cheek with his thumb. I nod, kissing his cheek before leaving the car.

I walk inside the house, alarmed and looking around for my father. I lock the front door and looked out the window to see Sin's car driving off. I take a breath of relief. I didn't want anyone finding my beat up body here. Especially not sin.

I am snapped out of my thoughts when someone
roughly grabs my hair pulling me back. I let out a whimper of pain. "Where the fuck have you been you bitch?" My dad yells, as he throws me on to the floor. I quickly scurry to a corner, trying to get a way from him.

"I was just at Selene's house." I lie. I gasp as he slaps me. "Oh, so you're a liar too. Stupid bitch. I saw that boy dropping you off." He kicks me in my stomach making me cry out and curl up in pain. "You should've killed yourself, not your mom. You should've died."he repeatedly punches my stomach.

I cry out saying, "Dad please stop. Please. It hurts." I wasn't even sure if I was referring to the emotional pain of his words or the physical pain of his abuse. He gets up and with one last kick to my stomach, he walks out of the house.

I felt nauseous and in pain. I rush to the bathroom and threw up. Yeah... hangover and an ass beating. Not a good combo.

Believe it or not the worst part of the abuse wasn't the physical pain, it was the emotional and mental pain. The words he said hurt the most. The words he said bruised my heart. Maybe he was right. Maybe I should've died instead of mom. I should've killed myself not her.

I open the medicine cabinet rummaging through the pills. I made my decision. Was I sure of it? God no. I was almost certain it was a shitty decision. But the only think I could think of right now was my dad's words repeating in my head. That's all I could of. How I should kill myself. How I don't deserve to live. God damn it mom. Why'd you leave me? You left me all by myself. Why?

I opened the pill bottle throwing a bunch of it into my hands. Staring at the pills I should've thought about how wrong this was. I should've thought about the people who would miss me. But no. The only thing I thought of was my dads words. I motioned my hands towards my mouth when the doorbell rang.

Ugh what the fuck. I put the pills back in the bottle shoving them in the medicine cabinet. I looked in the mirror. Okay good no bruises on my face. However, my face was tear stained. My eyes were red and puffy from crying. I quickly put on a hoodie and sweatpants to cover the bruises on my body. I pulled the hood up to cover my knotted hair and some of my face. The doorbell rang again.

I open the door while keeping my head down. "You forgot your phone in the car. I brought it back." I hear a voice say and I instantly recognized it as Sin. I slightly lift my head up to look at him. I grab my phone from his hand.

"Thank-" however, I was interrupted when he held my chin and lifted my head higher. His brows furrowed and his eyes filled with concern and some other emotion I couldn't pinpoint. "Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you? Why are you crying angel?" He said panic and concern clear in his tone.

That was it. When he called me angel. That was my breaking point. I couldn't help but break down into a sob. Tears running down my eyes.

He quickly pull me in to his arms and walks into the house. He pulls away from me but still holds me close, he grabs my face in his hands wiping off me tears. "What's wrong Elyse? Please tell me what's bothering you and I'll fix it." He he looks into my eyes with a pleading look filled with concern. He looks into my eyes as if he was searching for the truth. He looks all over my face look for any physical harm.

"Just hold me. Please Sin." He nods as he kisses my forehead and pulls me back into his arms, tightly hugging me. He put his hands under legs to pick me up. I comply wanting to be closer to him, wrapping my legs around his waist.

I quietly sob in his arms as he walks to my room and lays us down on my bed. I was basically straddling him but I didn't care. He rubbed his hand up and down my back to comfort me. "Whatever it is I'm here for you. I'll be here to help you however you need me to. I'll always be here. I promise Elyse." He says and kisses the top of my head.

This is when I realized how much of a mistake I was about to make. I let my dads words get to my head. I was wrong. I'm not all alone. I do have someone. I have Sin.