20: Hate

Elyse POV

My phone rings with a notification. I look at the phone and it's a text message from an unknown number. I put in my password, opening the text.

My heart drops and my heart starts beating fast when I read it.

No. No. No.

Unknown: You look so beautiful in that sundress, eating your food. Too bad his hands are on your body. Im fucking watching you elyse. I know your dad kicked you out, I wonder what sin would think if he knew that you're a pathetic liar. I'll wait till this little phase is over. Get this sin obsession out of your system. And don't you dare tell anyone about this, remember how aggressive I get when you piss me off. I love you, angel.

My stomach turns and I feel like I'm about to throw up. He's watching me? He's fucking watching me.

He knows that my dad kicked me out. If sin finds out about everything I've lied about he will hate me.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts with sins voice. "What's wrong?" He asks. I turn my head to him, his eyes are filled with worry and his eyebrows are slightly furrowed.

You can't tell him. You can't tell him, Elyse.

"Nothing. I'm just tired. Can we go home?" I say, putting on a fake smile.

He's probably still here. Watching me from somewhere. Waiting for me to fuck up.

Sin looks at me hesitantly, his eyes still filled with worry. He eventually nods and rubs my hand. We both say goodbye and head out.

What a shit way of ruining a good day.

We sit in the car and sin immediately turns to me. "What happened?" He asks as he puts his hand on my thigh. I look outside the window trying to see if Tyler is watching me from somewhere.

Suddenly, I feel him cupping my face, turning me to meet his eyes. His nervous eyes, filled with concern. "What's wrong Elyse? Talk to me. Please." He pleads, desperation leaking from his voice.

Like he's begging me to talk to him. To be honest. For once.

I shake my head in his hold "I'm okay. I just have a little headache." I lie. His face drops and his body tenses even more. He sighs deeply, furrowing his brows.

He abruptly pulls back and suddenly slams his palm over the wheel. I flinch at the sudden move and shut my eyes as I cower back into the seat. "Fuck." Slams it again. "Fuck" and again. "Fuck!" And again.

I open my eyes to see his hand over his face as he tries to take a deep breath. "Why won't you talk to me?" He says, his hands still covering his face. I stay silent knowing I can't tell the truth. Tears gather in my eyes at the realization that I'm hurting him again.

He moves his hand turning his head to face me. His eyes are tired and sad, like he gave up. "Why do you keep lying to me, Elyse? I hate it. I hate it when you lie to me. When you hide stuff." He says, his voice low.

He looks at me, pleading with me to answer him. To explain. Pleading for me to say anything. But I stay frozen, the only thing moving, being the tears dripping down my face.

When he finds out that I've been hiding something from him since we've known each other, he will definitely hate me. He will.

He will fucking hate you Elyse.

After a couple seconds of silence Sin sighs, and shakes his head. His eyes filling with disappointment. "Right." He mutters under his breath before starting the car and heading to his house.

The ride home is silent. The only sound being my frequent sniffling. Tears are still pouring out my eyes as he pulls into the driveway.

He doesn't even look towards me as he gets out the car, slamming the door shut. I wipe my tears, getting out and following him in the house.

He walks in the bathroom locking the door behind him. I lay down on his bed, curling up and crying while looking at the wall filled with picture frames. Pictures of us.

I keep hurting him. I hate it. I hate myself for it.

I hear the bathroom door open and after a couple minutes I feel his side of the bed dip. I hear him sigh and after a couple seconds I feel a hand wrapping around my waist.

I turn around facing him. His eyes are looking at me with concern, and love. He brings his hand up cupping my face and wiping my tears.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I nod my head. He rolls his eyes at my obvious lie and pulls me closer to him. "Come on." He says as he hugs me into his chest. I hug him back tightly, missing his touch.

Is this is a friendly hug? Does he still love me? Is he going to break up with me?

I knew I was overthinking but I couldn't help it. Even though he was so close he felt so distant.

He kisses the top of my head making my heart flutter. "Stop overthinking, Elyse. I love you. I will never stop loving you. No matter what happens."

I pull back looking in his eyes, to see if he really means it. His eyes are filled with honesty and love. He looks at and if he can read my mind he says "I mean it Elyse. I'll always love you."

My heart warms at the reassurance and all my overthinking stops. "I love you. I love you so much." I say.

A small smile forms on his face. "I love you, more." He says as he pulls me into his chest. I close my eyes, letting myself fall asleep in his arms.

The only place I felt safe.

Authors note.

I know it's a shorter chapter but I got some smut coming up. 😉😏

Follow, comment and vote please.