28: Drowning

Elyse POV

I wake up to heavy feeling. I can't tell if it's a physical heavy feeling or just my emotions. I slowly open my eyes, looking around. And that's when I see it. The heavy feeling.

Sin sleeping on top of me. His head on my chest, his body completely on top of mine, his legs tangled up in mine. His eyes are shut, making his beautiful eyelashes more apparent. His tattooed arms, wrapped tightly around me.

Even though he looks so beautiful right now, I feel crushed. I slowly move underneath him, trying to squirm out from underneath him. I let out a whimper and stop when I feel how sore I am down there.

"Sin. You're crushing me." I say, trying to push him off. He stirs awake as he groans. He moves his head his eyes still shut, kisses my chest a couple of times then lays his head back down.

My heart warms at the gesture.

"Sin. You're hurting me." I say. Knowing that will get him off. He quickly gets off of me rolling beside me on the bed. I take a deep breath, welcoming the desperately needed air in.

He grabs me by my waist, pulling me closer and shoving his face in my chest. "Good morning, angel." He says, his voice muffled by my chest. I run my hands through his hair, kissing his forehead. "Good morning, my love."

I feel him smile against my chest as he tightens his arms around me. "We gotta go to school today. We have to talk to the principle about all our missing days." I say.

We've barely been going to school lately. Since we both want to go to college or at least graduate we have to talk to the principle about it.

"Ugh. Can we just sleep in? I wanna hold you." He says grumpily.

Such a big softie.

"Such a big softie, aren't you?" I say, with an amused voice.

He looks up resting his chin on my chest. His brows furrowed, glaring at me. "I am not a softie." He says.

We all know that's not true.

"Mhm. Of course not. Come on, get up big boy." I say.

"Kisses. Give me a bunch of kisses, maybe then I'll get up." He says, still glaring at me.

A very good deal. I'd give him a bunch of kisses for free.

I cup his face, kissing all over it. His forehead, his cheeks, his jaw, his nose, his shut eyes, his neck. And finally his lips.

--

After talking to the principle, I finally felt like I could take a relaxed breath. I felt so relieved. We told him about the stabbing and my dad, and he actually felt bad and said he'd forget about all the missing days.

"Have you applied for any colleges?" Sin asks, as he puts a plate of 2 grilled cheese in front of me, and puts down his own plate.

I take a bite out of one.

Ugh, it always tastes so fucking good.

If I was on my deathbed, dying, this would bring me back to life. Literally.

"No, I'm gonna apply this week. I'm gonna study arts, you know this already." I say, watching as he takes a bite and nods his head listening to me.

"After getting my degree, I want to get an art studio, preferably one with a nice view. I want it to have lots of windows, oh and a big balcony. I think it'd be fun to paint on a big balcony. I want to blast music and paint every single day." I explain, passionately.

He listens to me with a smile on his face. I take another bite out the grilled cheese.

"You've already applied for business right?" I ask. He nods his head.

We both sit there talking about our futures and eating. Suddenly my phone rings. I look to it, seeing it's a random number.

"Who is it?" Sin asks. I shrug, as I pick it up.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hello, this is officer Samson, I'm calling from the police station. Is this Elyse Kaya?"

Anxiety bubbles in me, as I respond.

"Yes, that's me." I answer sceptically as I look to Sin, who is looking at me, with a confused look.

"This is about your father. Our officers went to arrest him a couple hours ago and unfortunately there were some complications." He says.

"What? What do you mean? What complications?"

"He refused his arrest, and while we were trying to detain him.... He pulled out a gun and shot himself."

The words felt like a stab to my heart, my vision blurred as I tried to process all the information.

"He couldn't make it. He passed away, almost immediately. I'm so sor....."

The rest of his words blurred out, as my phone fell from my hold.

No. No. This felt like some sick joke.

My mom left me. She killed her self.

And now..

My dad left too. He killed his self.

Would this happen to everyone around me?

Would everyone that I love kill themselves? Leave me?

I dropped to the floor, breaking in a fit of sobs. Loud, heartbreaking, gut wrenching sobs. I feel arms wrap around me, holding me tightly. I can hear someone speak, but I can't process their words.

Even though my dad never loved me, I always loved him. He was my father at the end of the day. I loved him.

Besides, this was my fault. It's my fault that he is dead.

And just like that,

I was deep in the ocean, drowning again.

Authors note

I know it's a shorter chapter, sorry.

Vote, comment and follow please.