Chapter One-Hundred and One

Cress stifled a yawn, rolling onto her stomach and stretching her arms beneath the pillow and taking a deep breath in. Beside her, Carswell stirred. In his sleep, he inched closer and snuck an arm around her waist.

Cress smiled to herself. She fell back asleep only to wake up again an hour or so later as Carswell was getting up.

"I'm gonna take a shower," he murmured, kissing the side of her face.

Cress nodded, drawing the blankets back around her as Carswell slid from the bed. She let herself enjoy the peacefulness of the morning for a few minutes before pushing herself up. She put on a pot of coffee so it could be readying and then trekked back upstairs to brush her teeth and wash her face.

"I know I said it was really crowded with everyone here, but I miss them now that they're gone," Cress said, splashing her face with water.

"I knew you'd say that."

Cress patted her face dry, smiling.

"Do you still want to go to the store today?"

"Yeah." Cress nodded. "I just need some stuff for school."

"Sounds good."

Once she was dressed, Cress skipped downstairs and grabbed a quick breakfast. Carswell was a few minutes behind her.

A half an hour later and they were on their way to the nearest general-merchandise store in search of school supplies.

"Alright, you got a list?" Carswell asked, grabbing a shopping cart. "Hey what are you doing?"

"Climbing in. You can push me. Here's my list," Cress said, easily climbing into the cart. She handed him her port.

"Aces you need all this stuff? Three highlighters?"

"Different colors so I can make my notes pretty."

"Ah, okay."

Carswell slowed as they neared the office supply section, scanning of the rows and rows of supplies.

Cress's eyes widened. Aces there was a lot of stuff. It was borderline overwhelming but Cress still grinned in excitement as she scanned her options.

"Highlighters," Carswell said, picking up a package of 4 brightly colored pens. He tossed them into the cart.

"Pens are next to it--I got them. Ooh, erasers."

"You wanna get out and help me here? These are your school supplies."

Cress heaved a groan. "Fine. Help me out."

"You climbed in there, get yourself out."

Cress stared him down. Blinked slowly.

"Ugh, fine," Carswell rolled his eyes, holding his hands out and lifting her out. "There, your highness."

"Cress is Queen, it's 'Your Majesty.'"

"Whatever. Get your notepads."

Cress grinned, picking a few different colored binders and tossing them in the cart.  "Oh and I want to get some snacks to take with me."

Carswell nodded. "Hey here's a 20-count of highlighters."

"That's a bit much. I do want some colored markers though so I can color code my classes," Cress added with an excited grin.

Carswell smirked. "You're having way to much fun with this whole school thing."

"I know!"