Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

Their Disneyland drip flew by way to quickly, though Cress found she enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Probably more so because she knew a little more about what to expect. As much as she wanted to get in her favorites, Carswell insisted they tool around and check out some of the others rides and attractions she hadn't seen yet. Which, much to her surprise, ended up being worth it.

Cress was hoping they'd get to extend their vacation for a day or two but Carswell had to get back home to start recording in his new studio.

"Can I come with you for your first day?" Cress asked as she unstrapped from her seat after the Rampion had touched down in their apartments parking garage.

Carswell flashed her a grin. "I was hoping you'd ask."

It was all she could do not to squeal. She stood up, slinging her bag over her shoulder and taking Carswell's hand when he reached for hers.

"Ugh, home," Carswell sighed dramatically when they walked inside. He zombie walked to the sofa and collapsed face first.

Cress jumped on top of him, jabbing her hands into his side and laughing when he wrenched away.

"Hey--!"

"Ah, so you're ticklish too. Good to know," she said.

"You really wanna start a tickling war?"

"No." Cress locked her arms around him when he tried to move, knowing he would try and tickle her.

"Jeez you're a pest."

"I know. And you're stuck with me forever," she sang.

"You know I can reach you from back there."

Cress let out a shriek when Carswell bent his arm back and tickled her side. Still she held on, knowing it would get worse if he managed to turn around. Remembering her own hands were on his waist, she tickled him right back.

"Hey, hey, hey, be nice to me Damsel."

"Why?"

"Because I'm bigger and stronger and can tickle you longer."

Cress paused. "Yeah, okay that's fair." She kissed his cheek. Several times. She almost squirmed away when he turned over but he just raked his hands through her hair and she relaxed. Fatigue swept over her and she relaxed against him. I'm tired."

"Me too," he sighed. "Who knew having non stop fun would be so exhausting."

"Not me," Cress murmured. She rested her head against his shoulder, smiling happily to herself. Her stomach rumbled a moment later, ruining the moment.

Carswell chuckled.

"I'm gonna go make us something to eat."

"Sounds good." Carswell kissed her head, releasing her. "I'm gonna go jump in the shower real quick and then I'll be down."

Cress gave him a thumbs up. She pulled a frozen pizza out of the fridge and preheated the oven. While waiting for it to get hot, she changed into some sweats and a sweater and turned on the netscreen. Stifling another yawn, she shoved the pizza in the oven and snuggled back on the sofa with a blanket. She must have dozed off as she jerked awake when Carswell came and sat down beside her.

"Pizza?"

"Yeah."

"I was gonna go to the studio at 9 tomorrow, does that work?" he asked, glancing at his port.

Cress nodded. "Yeah. It should be done in a few minutes--" she was cut off by her port vibrating, the timer going off.

"I got it." Carswell quickly kissed her before standing up and returning a few minutes later with the entire pizza and two plates.

"So what's your first studio-recorded episode gonna be about?"

"You'll have to wait and see."

"Oh come on!"

Carswell laughed. "I'm gonna do a Q&A--listeners have been submitting questions for the past week or so, so that's what we'll do tomorrow and then after that I'll just pick up where I left off."

Cress grinned. "Ooh I'm excited for tomorrow. That'll be cool to see--or hear--what people are asking."

"I know, though I'm a little nervous."

"Why?"

"I don't know, people can be weird. Especially fangirls."

"Yeah, I'd agree with that."

Cress wrapped her arms around one of his, squealing in excitement. She was so proud of him, the only thing that could have made this whole thing that much better was if his parents knew about it and she could shove it in their faces.

Early the next morning, after a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and sausage, Cress drove with Carswell down to his studio. Nerves had formed in the pit of her stomach, though she wasn't sure why--it wasn't like she was going to be doing anything. She'd spent half the night doing some background research into his team, finding out what kind of work they'd done before.

"They all look great," she said.

"Glad to hear it cause it's kinda to late to do anything about it."

"Well, still. I'll rest easier now."

Carswell laughed, slinging an arm around her shoulders and kissing the side of her head. As soon as they pulled up to the studio, Cress broke out into a grin and all but ran inside. Carswell's crew were already there, getting stuff set up and checking the microphone and net status.

"Hey Thorne," one of the guys said, walking over and doing that signature handshake/hug thing all guys did. He nodded toward Cress with a grin. "Cress."

Cress grinned, glancing up at Carswell. He squeezed her hand and followed the other guy through a glass door. Cress waited where she was, looking around and taking everything in. She watched Carswell, a proud smile on her face. He was supposed to start recording at 9:30.

"Cress?"

Cress snapped her head back around. Carswell was grinning, waving her forward.

"You wanna record with me?"

Cress blinked. "What?"

"Or, sit with me. You don't have to answer any of the questions."

"Ohhh," Cress sighed with relief. She nervously smiled. "Yeah, sure. I don't have to talk?"

"Not if you don't want to."

"Okay, then yes!"

"Great, come on in." Carswells agent said, waving them both into the recording part of the studio.

okay i have an idea that might be kinda corny... but i thought For the next chapter, I could have a small scene with them answering the fangirl questions... So why don't you guys leave questions you would ask Captain Thorne below, and I will harness my inner Marissa Meyer and try and answer the questions the way I think she would as thorne. if that makes any sense......?