Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Three

Cress knew better than to hope everyone was still asleep, but she felt bad for getting everyone so worried in the middle of the night a part of her hoped they'd all forgotten.

The entire Rampion Crew we're waiting in the driveway when the hover pulled up.

Despite her embarrassment, Cress smiled.

"Scarlet was comming me all morning—I couldn't not tell that we were on our way home," Carswell said by way of explanation.

"That's fine, I just feel bad."

"Don't. You didn't do anything."

As soon as the hover stopped, Carswell got out and jogged around to the other side to get Cress's door.

"Stars above!" Wolf visibly breathed a sigh of relief, touching Scarlets arm.

"Did you guys want food? Winter made a massive breakfast if you're hungry," Cinder said.

"I'm hungry," Cress sighed, smiling as everyone walked inside with her and Carswell. It almost felt like they were being escorted by a security detail.  As soon as they walked in, Cress took a deep breath of the familiar air.

"Mini friend!" Winter all but shrieked as she darted out of the kitchen. She came to a halt just in front of Cress as if she wasn't sure whether she could hit her.

"We're both okay," Cress said with a smile.

"Oh thank the stars I was so worried." Winter breathed a sigh of relief, her eyes misting the tiniest bit.

"Where's Jacin?"

"He's still at the hospital."

"Our hospital?" Carswell asked, lightly frowning.

"Yeah, he said he tried to get on the team in the maternity ward so he could keep and eye on you but he wasn't able to."

Cress smiled, nudging Carswell who rather begrudgingly smiled back.

"Do I have time to change?" Cress asked, wanting to get out of her pajamas and into some sweats or something.

"Yeah of course!"

Cress flashed her another grateful smile, glad when Carswell took her hand and walked with her upstairs. It felt good to be in their room again, even thought they'd only been gone a short time.

"You okay?" he asked."

"Yeah."

"I'll apologize in advance for pestering you, but I'm going to be asking that a lot."

Cress laughed, stretching up to kiss him. "I love you."

"I love you too. Tell me if somethings wrong or you're tired or don't want to do something."

Cress nodded. "I will."

Carswell kissed the top of her head. "Get changed and then come downstairs and eat something."

Alone for the moment, Cress sank down on the end and started undoing the buttons on her pajama shirt. She rested a hand over her stomach, smiling when the baby gave a little kick.

"Something tells me you're gonna have your dad's daring and adventurous spirit," she murmured.

Once downstairs again with everyone else, everything seemed to go back to normal just fine. Jacin was supposed to be back on an hour or so and then Scarlet suggested they all take a picnic out to the backyard for lunch—an idea which was met with whole hearted enthusiasm.

"Are you still doing school?" Winter asked as she fished up everyone some pancakes.

Cress nodded. "I've been doing it online, but I decided to take the summer off what with you all being here."

"Are you liking it?"

Cress nodded, grinning. "It's so fun. I like it better in person, though I doubt I'll be able to do that once little miss no-name comes."

"Yeah, true. Maybe you could do a hybrid? Like one class there and the rest online?" Scarlet suggested, reaching for the fruit salad.

Cress doused her pancakes in syrup and then took a piece of sausage. "That's a good idea."

"Then you can still go back to school shopping!" Iko added.

Cress laughed. "Honestly I'd go back to school shopping either way cause I'd still need supplies and stuff even if I am doing it at home."

"Oh, yeah, that's true."

Once breakfast was over everyone settled in the living room for a movie. Cress suspected everyone was trying to come up with low-energy activities to do for her sake—though she couldn't be sure. Either way, she was very grateful for her friends.