Chapter Twenty Six

"I found a flight for next Saturday," Scarlet announced as she walked into the living room.

Thorne craned his neck to look at her, his arm around Cress who was still sleeping. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." She leaned down on the back of the soda. "It feels weird to be planning to go back home. For good."

"Well don't even think about changing your mind, Cress and I already have plans."

"Yeah, I'm sure you do."

Thorne rolled his eyes, shoving her away. "Get your head out of the gutter."

Scarlet smirked, turning her attention to the net screen.

"You don't think I should take her to the hospital, do you?"

"For a little flu?"

"She's never been sick before."

Scarlet started to say something but did a double take. "Oh, right. Maybe if she's not better by tomorrow?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Wolf and I were going to go to the post office and ship some of our stuff. I'm not paying those ridiculous airline fees. Do you need anything while we're out?"

Thorne shook his head. "Nah, I don't think so. Have fun."

Scarlet nodded, pushing herself up and jumping down the short flight of stairs together the cargo bay.

Cress slept on an off over the rest of the day. Her fever didn't break and she kept saying she wasn't hungry. Thorne sat with her most of the time, and while he didn't like that she was sick he was secretly enjoying how snuggly she was. Though several times she asked if he needed or wanted to get up, he ignored her. While she slept, he watched the net and played a virtual game of Royals on his port.

Finally around nine that night, Thorne carefully scooped her back up and carried her back to bed.

"How do you feel?" he asked quietly, touching her forehead again. She still felt hot.

Cress shrugged. "I don't know. About the same. Just really achy."

"If your fever hasn't broken by tomorrow I'm gonna take you to the hospital, okay?"

Cress nodded, probably to tired to protest. "Okay."

"I'm gonna put some sweats on and I'll be back."

"You can sleep in your room, I don't want to keep you up."

"This is my room."

"Oh. Then I can sleep in my room."

"Only if you want to," Thorne said, a little nervous to leave her alone overnight. He knew he was probably over reacting, but especially since she had never been sick before he wasn't sure how that affected her immune system and he'd rather be able to take her to the hospital right away if something happened.

Cress sighed, seeming to debate with herself.

"How about you sleep in here and if you want me to go, you tell me and I'll sleep in your room," Thorne finally suggested.

Cress faintly smiled.

Thorne quickly changed and brushed his teeth before slipping in beside Cress. She curled up back against him, but because it was still early he turned the net screen back on, keeping the volume and brightness down, until he finally fell asleep.

Cress woke up several times throughout the night, throwing the blankets off and then shivering from the cold. Thorne started to grow worried, not sure what to do. He'd carefully adjust the blankets back around her, giving her something to drink when she would wake up.