Chapter One Hundred and Twenty

Cress quickly changed into her bathing suit, almost squealing at feeling her stomach had the tiniest bulge to it. Still probably not noticeable to anyone but her, but she could see it and it made her smile. She gently moved her fingers around it, trying to feel something.

"Can't wait to meet you, little peanut," she murmured.

Carswell had turned on the hot tub when she came down stairs, which was a small relief as it wasn't especially hot outside.

"Carswell?"

"In the kitchen!"

Cress walked down the length of the deck into the kitchen where he had a spreading of different snacks laid out.

"Give it a few minutes to warm up," he said around a bite of something. He glanced up at her and his face broke out into a grin, looking her up and down. "Look at you wearing a two piece."

Cress nervously smiled. She didn't normally like wearing a bikini—especially in front of anyone—but with just the two of them she thought it would be okay.

"Chips?" he asked with a wink.

"Yes please." Cress grinned, taking the bowl when he handed it to her. "The tub is so big! I'd forgotten."

"I know. More like a jet pool."

Cress laughed. She munched on a handful of chips, waiting what felt like forever before Carswell said the tub was probably at least a little warm. Cress eagerly grabbed as many snacks as she could carry and then followed him outside.

"Ooh it feels good," Cress said with a grin, stealing in and letting the warm water envelope her. She quickly dunked her head, diving beneath the water and shoving across to the other side. "I can see the ocean!"

"Yeah, great view, right?"

Cress nodded, reaching for a handful of chips when he slid the bowl toward her. "I'm excited to see everyone."

"Me is too, feels like it's been forever since we've all been in the same place."

"I can't wait for them all to see the house!" Cress added with a grin. She leaned her elbows on the ground outside the tub, peering out onto the spectacular deck with the ocean crashing in the distance.

"Did we get any cookie dough?"

"No, Scarlet's coming. She made me swear never to buy it store bought."

"Oh right. She better make some then."

Cress smirked. She smiled to herself, turning and sitting down in the water when she started to get cold. "So when can we go back to the tablet store?"

"We can go whenever you want. Tomorrow?"

Cress grinned, nodding. She reached for another handful of chips, accidentally dropping one of them. "Oops."

"Ew. Throw it over there." Carswell jerked a thumb toward the sand. "The birds will eat it."

Cress chucked the soggy chip. With a faint sigh, she moved closer to him. "Have you thought of any names?"

"For what?"

Cress blinked.

Carswell smirked. "Just teasing. No, not really."

"Me either. I mean, I have tons of them I've had in my head since I was little but..." she trailed off with a shrug. "I'm telling myself it will help when we find out if its a boy or girl."

Carswell nodded. He touched her stomach under the water. "Any premonitions?"

Cress tried to fight the grin that crept onto her face. "I kinda think it's a girl. But that might be because I want a girl."

"Lil baby girl Thorne."

Cress actually squealed, excitedly hugging him. She kissed the side of his face and reached for more chips. "I do think it would be cool to give him or her an Earthen and a Lunar name."

"Totally." 

"Oh aces I can't wait to tell everyone!"

"Yeah, and with any luck it'll be soon cause the suspense is killing me."

"You'll like it." Cress grinned.

They stayed outside for almost an hour, talking. Cress found herself almost wishing the rest of the Crew wasn't coming so they could have the whole summer to themselves. But, she reminded herself after rinsing off in the shower, they could always stay when everyone else left. One of the advantages to having two homes, and she knew Carswell loved California so it wouldn't be hard to talk him into it.

After changing into a pair of comfortable sweats and running a comb through her hair, Cress trotted downstairs and popped one of their frozen pizzas in the oven for some dinner. While waiting for Carswell to finish putting the cover on the jacuzzi, Cress collapsed on the sofa and turned the netscreen on.

"What are we watching?" Carswell asked when he came in. He settled beside her, swiping an arm behind her shoulders and pulling her against him.

"No idea."

"Fair enough." One of his hands rested on her stomach again, his thumb moving slowly up and down.

Cress smiled to herself, leaning her head on his shoulder .