Chapter Seven: Trespass

The light flicks on and Sarah and Naomi turn to look behind them Stellan steps into the lounge. He looks down at Naomi and Sarah with an amused smile.

"Ladies. I hope I'm not interrupting girl talk or anything."

Naomi can literally feel Sarah's heart jump as Stellan walks into the lounge. He settles on the couch a little further down as Sarah untangles herself from Naomi.

"You're not interrupting anything, Stellan. We're just touching base with each other. Are you spending the evening with us?"

Stellan nods his head saying "yes if that's okay with my queen and my queens right hand." Stellan winks at Sarah and she blushes a ruby red from her cheeks to her ears.

Naomi tucks her legs up on the couch and she looks to Stellan with a serious expression unwavering on her face.

"Did you say queen's right hand?"

Stellan nods his head. "Yes. Of course the queen will have a right hand should she choose. Typically in what is customary the king and queen rule equally. You and Raurlin will have to have a conversation about how you intend to rule. If you will take the throne alongside him. That is ultimately your decision but just as the king has a right hand so does the queen."

Naomi looks at Sarah with an inquisitive raised eyebrow and Sarah shrugs. Naomi turns back to Stellan.

"I had no idea," Naomi admits. "It seems I'm at a loss here with just a general lack of information. More than a right hand I need an advisor. Stellan would you-"

"-My queen, it would be an honour to be your advisor. Perhaps I might stay here a while longer."

"Yes!" Sarah snaps eagerly with an unexpected urgency.

Naomi and Stellan turn to her, confused. Sarah stands up suddenly almost as if she's unsure of herself. She runs a hand through her waves then with a glance at Stellan clears her throat.

"Yes I need to find Jackson. Please excuse me."

Sarah makes for the door before anyone can say anything. Once she's out of sight Stellan looks at Naomi with a confused frown. "Is she okay?"

"She's okay. She just has a lot of questions about how Jackson and Raurlin are tied to the history of witches."

"That's fair. If she speaks to Jackson he will be honest. And what about you? Any thoughts on taking the throne?"

Naomi shrugs just as Raurlin is walking into the lounge with a large plastic bag of firewood. He drops the wood in front of the fireplace with a smile at Naomi. Shortly after Jackson and Sarah walk into the lounge hand in hand. The two share a secret mischievous smile. Naomi can't help but smile at the two of them. Jackson drops onto the couch beside Naomi and Sarah perches down on his lap, resting against his abdomen.

"So now that we're all here," Jackson begins, "I had an idea. A little contest really."

Stellan settles into the couch with a chuckle.

"It seems we are fortunate to be in the presence of the first hybrid and a newly turned baby vamp. I think we should see who is faster."

Naomi grins and Raurlin who merely looks unimpressed. Raurlin levels a look at Jackson as he shakes his head.

"You would challenge your king?" Raurlin demands with a fake air of disdain.

Naomi stands up with her hands on her hips. The prospect of something physical sounding like exactly what she needs. She faces Raurlin saying "I would challenge my king."