Chapter Fifty Four: Feast

Jackson shifts at the bottom of the staircase. He looks from Stellan to his left to Raurlin at his right. It has been too long since he'd been dressed in his family's traditional attire and even longer since he attended a feast.

He adjusts the coat that sits across his back. Soft notes of slow jazz fill his ear drums. He swallows down as he glanced up the stairway again.

Raurlin squeezes his hand then releases it. "Calm down Jax, they will be done shortly."

Horatio appears at the top of the staircase. He is chique in a three piece tuxedo and a coat with lapels. He clears his throat loudly. All eyes snap to him at once.

"My King, my king's resolute and your majesty may I present to you this evening…"

Horatio holds a hand out toward the passageway leading to the bedrooms.

"Her ladyship, Delilah."

Delilah walks to where Horatio is standing, back straight. She is dressed in a deep oriole velvet gown that clings to her frame. Her hair is bunned to the right and she wears silver jewellery to finish off the look.

Stellan steps forward and he trots up the stairs. He holds an arm out and guides Delilah down the stairs. Once at the bottom of the stairs he kisses her cheek lightly.

"Her queens resolute, Sarah."

Sarah appears at Horatio's side in a hand fashioned dress. The bodice is a corset that flares out into an array of red roses attached to a black tool that reaches just past her knees. Her hair is parted down the middle and the soft curls hang down her back.

She purses her red lips as she looks down the stairs at Jackson. Jackson exhales a short laugh. He trots up the stairs and holds an arm out. "You look stunning," Jackson states, tugging Sarah against him. Sarah chuckles.

Horatio clears his throat again. He holds out his arm again and announces loudly "Her Grace, our Queen, Naomi."

Naomi steps forward. Her off the shoulder black gown accentuates the dewy skin of her collar bones and ample cleavage. There is a peasant sleeve that begins at just slightly above the elbow. The dress is floor length with a dangerous slit along her right leg. Her hair is gathered completely out of her face in a polished updo with a hint of soft glam. Naomi allows herself to look at each person before her, from Horatio to Raurlin and even Delilah.

The air is completely still and the stillness breakas as she steps forward and down the stairs. Raurlin trots up the stairs and holds a hand out to Naomi. Naomi accepts his hand with a short smile. He guides her down the stairs. He presses a kiss to her cheek and whispers against her ear “you look ravishing, beautiful. My queen, you honour me.”

“Holy shit!” Soraya exclaims as she steps from the kitchen into the foyer. Naomi turns to face her with a chuckle.

“You look exquisite in your dress,” Naomi tells Soraya with a nod. “What’s got you so surprised?”

Soraya flushes and runs a hand through her hair. “This is just what I expect an almighty family to look like. Wow. I guess tonight’s the feast then. The wolves are causing a ruckus outside, something about shifting?”

Naomi grins with a look at Raurlin. Raurlin nods his head. “Come Soraya,” he instructs. “You’re a part of this almighty family. Where is your uncle?”

“Out with the wolves, he seems to be quite interested in them. Noisy bunch, not really my speed.”

Horatio trots quickly down the stairs with a clap of his hands. “May the festivities begin. Allow me to put some music on and await the arrival of our guests. Your Grace I do believe the Alpha will be arriving shortly.”

Raurlin clasps onto Naomi’s hands with a small smile at her. “You ready for this?” He asks in a hushed tone. Naomi nods, “of course.”

Sarah wraps an arm through Jackson’s looking up at him with a bright smile. “Come on, I want to go see the wolves. The property is big enough for them to run around. Come Raya it’s quite something. You’ve got to see it at least once.”

Soraya sighs, she slips her hands into the pockets of her knee length dress. It’s a simple silver that sits tightly around her upper body and it flares slightly at the waist. It was a perfect pick for her and somehow Naomi knew that it was right just for her. Of course had Dale been there for the evening she would have had company. A friend.

Soraya follows behind Sarah and Jackson, watching the two of them as they walk. She opens her mouth to speak then shuts it. She knows that tonight is not the night for questions. But it will come. The time will come. They walk through the lounge and come to a halt at the sliding doors. There are lights at the door and slightly illuminating the garden. From around the perimeter of the garden playful shouting and laughter can be heard.

There’s a knock at the door and Horatio immediately pulls it open. Mikain beams brightly at Raurlin and Naomi as he cradles his son in his arms. Beside him Sandy is looking glamorous in a deep maroon jumpsuit. Mikain looks stellar in a three piece tux and a bow tie. He steps inside and wraps an arm around Raurlin then presses a kiss to Naomi’s cheek.

“Raurlin! Naomi! It is so good to see you both. Naomi you look beautiful, and Raur not bad for a grandpa.” Mikain winks playfully. Sandy walks in behind him with a short laugh. She holds her arms open and Naomi steps into her hug.

“Naomi, it’s great to see you. I’m sorry we haven’t been around in a while. This little man has been keeping us rather busy. How have you been?”

Naomi pulls back from the warm hug with a smile at the baby boy. “No need to apologise,have you decided on a name? I’m so excited to see him. Can I hold him?” Sandy nods warmly. “Of course, here Mik, let me take him a second.” Sandy eases the cradled baby out of Mikains arms and she places him carely in Naomi’s arms. Naomi smiles down at the little boy.

He squirms slightly and then opens his big soft blue eyes. Wisps of blonde hair escape the knitted beanie that is on his head. He opens and closes his mouth, his cheeks sucking in and out. Sandy reaches for a bag on Mikain’s shoulder and pulls out a bottle of milk. She hands it to Naomi and Naomi places it at his lips. He latches onto it immediately.

“Your Grace, meet Sawyer. We wanted something a little boho, a little different.”

“Sawyer is a beautiful name,” Naomi breathes. “Sandy, Mikain, for as long as I have air in my lungs I will protect your kin as if he is my own. Horatio, please close the door, it's chilly tonight.”

Naomi looks from Sandy to Mikain then to Raurlin. Raurlin has a soft smile on his face, with a hint of sadness. He clears his throat then gestures to the dining room. “Please come through, we’ve got food and drinks in the dining room and I’d love to give you a tour of the house. Everyone else is with the young wolves outside. Can I get you anything?”

Mikain and Raurlin fall into stride beside each other. Sandy stands beside Naomi.

“You’re great with him. It’s a good look on you, motherhood. Have you considered having your own?”