Chapter Forty-Seven: Regroup

Sarah rolls out a large piece of paper across the table. She reaches across the table and holds a hand over a candle and the candle lights up with a sure orange flame. She looks around the table at Stellan, Delilah, Raurlin, Naomi and Jackson.

"As you all know, Jax and I have been very busy. We've managed to create a map of the spells that Sigrid has done. She is definitely still here in Aranholm. We haven't found any proof of her moving on from Lyjil's body. But we have found something else quite interesting. We know what she's going to try and do."

Sarah points to the paper and the group gathers around it. She pauses for a moment as they read through the mapping that she and Jackson have done over the past few days.

"There were definitive signs of blood magick at the police station and around the pizzeria. Thank you for keeping him busy this afternoon. But I'm not picking anything up that would tell us that would suggest he is under any influence. His niece is definitely still human. Did you have an opportunity to talk to her?"

Naomi folds her arms over her chest. "Yes, the seed has been planted. But I was honest and fair. They don't know about me yet. We're still keeping quiet on that part. Axel has agreed to a spell to see how far the Illness has progressed. Soraya knows nothing of the Illness."

Delilah tugs her arms across her chest. She swallows down hard. Stellan takes her hand into his own.

"Delilah, are you okay?" Raurlin asks gently.

She rubs at her eyes. "It's very overwhelming. I'm not sure how you all deal with this. I didn't realise that this was so...intense. Your Grace," Delilah looks at Naomi, "I should have been there...I should have been sober..."

Naomi nods. "It's okay. We're here now. If this is too much then that's fine too. Unfortunately we've been expecting something to this effect. But this is not what we could have guessed. I'm sure we'll be able to take measures against this."

Sarah rolls the paper up. "I'm going to keep this somewhere safe. Sarah lifts another candle. It's the same one she showed to Naomi earlier that morning. "This is the candle. We're going to light it up tonight. It will be a clear enough signal."

"And how do we know that she isn't picking up on the spells you're doing?"

Sarah can't hide a grin from Stellan. "I'm stronger and smarter, trust me we're okay."

"Thank you Sarah," Raurlin adds. He turns his attention to Stellan and Delilah. "And how are the preparations coming along at the hospital. We're going to need to set that up quicker now for Axel."

"We're making good headway, Raur. There's a wing that closed a few years back. It's detached and closed off. We're going to see about reopening it and furnishing it. We've been in contact with some of the sympathisers from back home. They are setting up a network as we speak. I told them I want it digitised. I want a head of it all. I want managers and maybe in the future we can have a worldwide network."

Delilah beams at Stellan as he speaks, sure and certain of every word that comes from his lips.

"Sounds amazing," Naomi tells him. "Good work, both of you. Now about the feast. I've finished the invites, Stellan we're happy for you to take the lead on invites for the vamps. Mikain will take the lead on the wolves and the boys will provide security for the evening. How are we feeling about Angel and Brie?"

"They're doing good work," Delilah states. "They're good girls and they pick up on what Horatio tells them quickly. They're familiar with the house and I think they could take over fully and have Horatio just oversee."

"Fantastic." Raurlin sits down in a chair. "I think that we're going to need to build here. We're going to need to add a room for the security cameras. I don't mind having them in my office but I'd prefer the set up in a completely separate location. We'll need quarters for the girls. And perhaps the wolves?" Raurlin looks across the room for an answer before settling on Jackson.

Jackson shrugs. "We should give the boys a choice. I think it makes perfect sense for them to stay here. Rhonan has clearly taken up a leadership role and he's doing great. Beau and Clem look to him for leadership. And dare I say there's signs of a budding romance with Angel. We should invite their families to the feast, let them know our intentions. If the feast is a success we send them back home and give them time to process."

Raurlin nods slowly. "I like the sound of that, Naomi?"

Naomi smiles at Jackson. "You're the right hand for a reason. How do we want to deliver the invites?"

Delilah steps forward slightly. "We were thinking of hand delivery, it's traditional and will set the right tone for the vampires."

"Then we deliver by hand for the vamps and the wolves," Naomi confirms. "Do you think Horatio will be keen to make the trip? Then we can really test Angel and Brie."

Raurlin nods his agreement. "Yes I like that idea."

"Hey," Sarah pipes up, "you're familiar with the tiny home series? On Youtube? Maybe we can do that here on the property? It will be done quicker and we can facilitate the boys and girls immediately."

"Fantastic idea," Raurlin concludes. "Gather info and let's start working on it. It will come in handy either way. Sarah, Jax, let's set the candle up and call it a night. We've been getting in a couple of hours over the past few nights. Thank you everyone. Delilah, thank you to you too. I know I speak for both Naomi and myself when I say it's good to have you with us like this."

"Actually..." Stellan interrupts with a glance at Delilah who nods. "We've established an important development." He pulls a piece of paper from his back pocket. It's the same piece of paper that is from the book that Raurlin wrote. He hands the piece of paper to Naomi. "Naomi, your aunt and I have been able to put together a small segment of your family tree."

Naomi accepts the paper, a slight shake in her hands. She pulls the folded paper open and examines it intently. Her brows tighten then her eyes widen. She looks up at Stellan wide eyed. Teary eyed. She holds the paper out to Raurlin. Raurlin accepts the paper and reads it quickly. He chuckles then erupts into a hearty laugh.

Sarah scurries to his side and peers over his shoulder at the piece of paper. She gasps then covers her mouth with her hands. She looks from Naomi to Stellan. Jackson shifts from one foot to another then walks briskly to Sarah's side. He takes the paper from Raurlin and then chuckles too.

"By the Gods..." Jackson mutters.

Naomi's tears spill salty across her cheeks. Stellan holds his arms open and she walks into his hug.