Chapter Thirty-Nine: Family Dinner

The car pulls to a halt just at the steps of the front door. Horatio pulls the key from the ignition and hops out of the car. He walks to the back and opens the door for Naomi and then for Raurlin. Naomi steps out of the car and stretches slightly, her body feels stiff and uncomfortable.

"Sir Jax and Miss Sarah have left the house, Your Graces. They went into town and will be back soon I believe. His Majesty and Lady Delilah have not yet left their rooms upstairs. The house itself has been cleaned and I have taken the liberty of contacting a local security company to get a quote for cameras. Your Grace the quote is on your desk in your office."

Raurlin wraps an arm over Naomi's shoulders as they begin their walk inside.

"Thank you, Horatio. I think we'll have dinner as a family tonight and I'd like for you to join us. Any suggestions for dinner?"

"Yes Your Grace perhaps a roast beef with a vegetable medley? I can ask Sir Jax to collect what is needed while he is in town."

Raurlin nods his agreement as he and Naomi step into the foyer of the house. The house is in complete silence except for the faintest sound of classical music playing from above.

"Please see to it that the table is set for dinner too Horatio. And I will see to it that we get some help for you around the house soon. Thank you, Horatio, for everything."

Horatio bows his head and walks into the dining room. Naomi follows Raurlin into his office and she settles down in a chair in front of his desk. Raurlin walks around the desk and sits into his chair, lifting a piece of paper from his desk.

"Alright with this quote we should be looking at two cameras at the gate, two at the door and one on every perimeter of the house as well as flood lights. What do you think?"

"Sounds good but I think we should consider getting more for the kitchen door and the doors that lead out to the garden. Perhaps we should set up a guard house at the gate to control the coming and going? Maybe the wolves can assist? You're right we're going to need to build."

Raurlin runs a hand through his hair. "Yes well I'll ask Horatio if he can place the order for the cameras and equipment. Once Stellan is available we can find out if he was able to get through to Mikain."

As if on cue Raurlin's phone rings. He fishes it out his pocket and answers it, putting it on loud speaker and setting it down on the desk.

"Raurlin, hi, I'm sorry that I've missed your and Stellans calls. The little man has been keeping me rather busy. Is everything alright?"

"No, unfortunately not Alpha. There has been an attack, an attempt on Jackson's life. We suspect it to be Sigrid but we're not able to confirm anything conclusive as of yet."

"What the...unbelievable. Okay I'm packing a bag and I'll be down there within the day."

"Mikain," Naomi states, "perhaps it may make better sense to send a few of the young wolves. We are working on extra security measures and we do not have the space to house everyone right now. Maybe Ben and three wolves of his choosing?"

"Naomi, how good it is to hear your voice. Alright let me call Ben. He and the wolves will be there within the day and if not today by tomorrow morning latest. Is Jax okay? Are you all okay?"

"Yes we're fine." Raurlin assures him. "We can discuss things in detail at the next new moon. I'd like to formally invite you and Sandy to our home for the new moon feast. We will be inviting influential families from back home. If there is anyone else from your side that you think should be here then please let me know in advance."

"The feast of the new moon. Gods, it's been centuries since we've celebrated that. I think it's a perfect idea. I'll speak with Sandy and let her know. I'll message you with a follow up once I've spoken with Ben. Raurlin, Naomi, I am terribly sorry that this has happened."