Chapter Thirty: Commotion

Stellan pulls a chair back at the table and motions for Delilah to sit. She does so in silence. Stellan sits down in his usual seat but Naomi is not beside him and Raurlin is not at the head of the table. Jackson and Sarah walk into the dining room as Horatio is bringing food into the room and sitting it down on the table as he usually does.

"Perhaps you'd like to sit on the opposite side of the table," Horatio instructs. "When the king and queen return they can sit on this side so that it's easier for them."

Jackson nods his agreement as he pulls a chair back for Sarah.

The kitchen was immaculately clean when Stellan dared to venture into it this morning. He assumed Horatio had cleaned up after and because of this he knows better than to say anything. Horatio offers a bow as he settles down a tray of toast before walking out of the room. There is an uncomfortable silence.

"Was there a commotion last night?" Delilah asks, her voice a mere whisper. Her hands are knotted in her lap and it's clear she's battling back trembles in her hands and arms.

"A window was left open, the wind caused some ornaments and things to break. I'm sorry it must have been a scare for you."

Delilah looks up at Jackson offering a soft smile. "That's okay. I accept your apology, Jackson." His name rolls off her tongue and Stellan can feel his stomach clench.

"We will wait for the king and queen. Tell me, how did you come to know about us? And find us?"

Jackson settles a look at Delilah. Delilah's cheeks flush a slight pink.

"I was out in Aranholm. A bar that our kind frequents. There was talk of a revolution. A new king and new queen. Some men there were trying to rally people to join them in confronting the vampire king." Her eyes dart to Stellan and she licks her lips then continues speaking. "It was strange. Being there, hearing them talk. They were speaking but their words weren't their own. It's not the first time I've heard men speak that way.

My mother and father used to tell me stories about our kind being hexxed. Told me of the signs to look for. It was clear they were hexxed. I left shortly after and did my best to gather information. From what I could make out you all were with the wolves and I knew Naomi used to live in Cruymoore. It only made sense for you all to settle here. And so I came." Delilah shifts slightly with a small smile at Jackson who is watching her intently.

He frowns at her look then clears his throat. "And how do you know that you weren't hexxed? And why would your mother and father tell you about that so much? In such great detail."

Delilah pales slightly and she sits back in the chair. "My bloodline is a cursed bloodline. Please excuse me." Delilah stands unsteadily then quickly scurries out of the room. Stellan stands up too with a slight glare at Jackson and he follows after Delilah.

Jackson turns to face Sarah who is deeply in thought. "A cursed bloodline? Sound familiar?"

Sarah shakes her head. "No. But definitely something we can uncover. How long will we have to wait for these two? I'm starving." Jackson turns his neck slightly as if straining to listen. "Let's dish," Jackson urges. "They'll be in shortly."

Sarah nods and she begins dishing the breakfast that is now a lukewarm. Shortly after she and Jackson begin eating their breakfast the front door opens loudly. There is loud laughter and chatter from the front door and shortly after Raurlin and Naomi are strolling into the room dressed in a matching set of work-out clothes. Both of them are breathing heavily and Naomi seems to be glowing. Her eyes gleaming red with a pulsating golden halo.

"We were just about to send out a search party," Sarah teases and Naomi and Raurlin sit down at the table. "You seem as if you've had an exciting morning. Hope you don't mind that we've taken your seats.

Naomi lifts her plate and she nods. "It's perfectly fine. Yeah we decided to go for a run earlier. It was amazing, being out there. Just before the sun rises and the roads are quiet. The world is quiet. And it's just us, not having to try and appear human. Or normal. Being able to push our actual limits. Gods I don't think there's a greater feeling!" Naomi exhales with a grin.

Sarah and Jackson are both watching her amused. Jackson cracks a smile with a wink at Raurlin. "She sounds just like you," Jackson tells him. Raurlin nods his agreement. "Delilah and Stellan are otherwise preoccupied. Seems Delilah isn't well today."

"Withdrawals," Naomi explains. "Let's get through breakfast then we can figure out the day. Maybe today we can go by the clinic, see about building plans."

Raurlin nods his agreement. "I'll get in contact with Mikain again, see who of the wolves is available to help. The sooner we're able to start the better. Jax can you and Sarah have a look in town for an appropriate place for them to stay? I think we may need to build on our own property too. Expand a little. But that can come later."

"Yes of course. We can do that. We can divide and conquer. We'll go downtown and you and Naomi can swing by the clinic?"

Raurlin nods. "Sounds good to me. Let's keep communicating though. Share trips on the maps and texting with updates. We can regroup back here for lunch and to check on Stellan and Delilah."

Jackson nods as he pushes his empty plate forward. "Delilah mentioned something interesting earlier. Something about your bloodline being cursed Naomi. Do you know anything about this?"

Naomi shrugs as she chews her eggs and bacon. "She used to ramble about it when I was younger. Something about a curse that killed the female children. I never believed it because I'm alive. She is too. So was my mother at a time. It didn't add up."

"If it's alright I'd like to dig a little into this?" Sarah questions and Naomi shrugs.

"Feel free, Sarah, whatever you need just let me know."

"While we're all here and before we start with big plans and have less time on our hands, I wanted to let you all know that I have intention to host a feast for the next new moon. It has been said that within our traditions on the eve of the new moon we are the closest to our Gods. I do believe that to be true for the wolves as well and I think it would be fitting to...sort of have everything come full circle on the night of the new moon."

"I think it's a brilliant idea," Sarah urges, nodding her head. "A feast sounds very mediaeval and a lot of fun. You and Jax really are old."

Raurlin chuckles as he leans back in his chair, holding a hand out to Naomi that she gladly accepts. "I think things are going to start settling for us," Naomi states with a smile at Raurlin.