Reunion: Part 4

Summary: Natasha was one to generally savor solitude, but it seemed that somehow Yelena, within a few short days together, was able to completely wreck that persona.

OR

Natasha reunites with Yelena about a week after they took down the Red Room together and they both struggle to try to navigate their new dynamics, wanting to be close but not quite knowing how.

   Once it became quite clear that Yelena was not about to go back to sleep, Natasha let out a small sigh, finally releasing her sister. Yelena left her arms, looking at her with a tentativeness and a shyness that Natasha was not used to seeing on her normally so bold younger sister.

She supposed that all the feelings and the emotions admitted just moments earlier likely were contributing to Yelena's somewhat meek demeanor currently. Natasha just offered her a small smile, trying to make the blonde feel more at ease with her despite the fact that Natasha herself was a bit nervous and unsure of how to properly navigate this new territory with her sister.

They had shared more touch tonight than Natasha ever thought Yelena would want to share with her. However, as Yelena looked at her so strangely and had pulled away from their embrace with such hesitance, Natasha for the first time started to question if maybe Yelena wanted this contact as well. This physical connection.

"What do you say we go watch a movie? You pick this time," Natasha offered, and Yelena nodded just barely. The blonde leaned nearer to her for just a moment, but quickly drew back as if she had thought better of the motion.

Natasha immediately felt her heart aching with longing, but she allowed Yelena to take things at her own pace, not wanting to rush her or push her into doing something that she was not quite comfortable with yet. Natasha knew that Yelena was probably already overwhelmed by the contact that they had just shared, and she definitely did not want to push her out of her comfort zone.

Natasha got up from the bed carefully, heading to the opposite side of the tiny trailer-esque RV. Yelena followed along after her, remaining close by. Natasha reached down, grabbing her laptop from where she had put it back, and Yelena watched wordlessly.

"Here... Pick whatever you want to watch," Natasha expressed, gesturing to the collection of movies, and Yelena slowly nodded, starting to look through the selection.

Natasha then slid into the corner of the booth as she had when they had watched a movie just after Yelena arrived, and she started up her laptop. Soon enough, Yelena came over with a movie, placing it on the table before sliding in next to the redhead. Natasha reached over and across Yelena, taking the movie, and she inspected the cover.

"Steel Magnolias. Nice choice," Natasha complimented, and Yelena shrugged.

"It's the only one that didn't look like one of your horrible spy movies," Yelena pointed out, only a semblance of her usual sass in her voice as she spoke for the first time since they had gotten out of bed.

Natasha just huffed with some drama as she rolled her eyes heavily. She very lightly bumped her shoulder into Yelena's, not sure how far she could go with this newfound touchiness between them but figuring that a shoulder bump was mostly safe. Yelena just chuckled a little, looking over at her with something that strongly resembled awe.

The redhead cleared her throat, trying to dispel just a little of the overwhelming love that she felt for her baby sister. Although they had just expressed that they loved each other, Natasha was not sure how the blonde would feel about Natasha just allowing her full, unadulterated love for Yelena to show clearly.