You are Ours Now

Summary: Kate has been dreading this visit for a long while. Fortunately, she has Natasha and Yelena backing her up and coming with her to face one of the scariest threats she has faced in her entire time as an Avenger-in-training-- Eleanor Bishop.

   "Thank you for coming with me, guys," Kate expressed, looking over at the two older women gratefully as they nervously approached the prison doors.

Today was the day that Kate was going to go and visit her mother in prison. It was the first time that she would see her mother in-person since the incident, and Kate had been greatly dreading this day ever since her mother had finally brought it up after tons of phone calls.

Kate knew how it was going to go, and she had not told Natasha about the visit for the longest time until just about a week ago. She had at first been resolved to go by herself, but as Natasha started to make herself a larger, steadier figure in her life, Kate came to realize that she did not want to go it alone and she wanted Natasha there with her.

Natasha was like a new family to her, and she, almost even more so than Clint, was one of her favorite people. She was someone that was consistently with her and on her side, and even though Kate had to share her with Yelena, that was perfectly fine with Kate. Kate knew that she had a very special place in Natasha's heart that was her own that even Yelena could not take. Yelena had her place and Kate knew that Yelena was Natasha's true platonic soulmate in every way, but Kate knew that Natasha loved her and wanted her in her life as she was for who she was.

And that was honestly more than her own mother had ever given her.

Kate had even found herself wanting Yelena there with her. Things had gotten better with Yelena recently, and although she knew that Yelena was still jealous about Kate and Natasha's relationship and that she was still reserved in many ways with Kate in terms of showing her affection, she respected Yelena's boundaries and she knew that Yelena cared about her.

Their relationship was not one of the physically or loudly affectionate nature, and that was perfectly okay. Kate was honestly just thankful for the quiet, unspoken support that Yelena provided with the strength of her presence alone.

That was actually how Yelena ended up accompanying her and Natasha on this visit. Kate had been really surprised that she had agreed to come, but she was very pleased. She knew that part of it was likely of her own desire to be with Natasha and to run a little interference between Kate and Natasha, but Kate also knew that from how Yelena was not giving her quite as much trouble as usual that Yelena was being supportive as well. Yelena had kept most of her jokes and insults pretty light and there had even been considerably less use of "Katie" or its variations as a nickname.

Kate was disrupted from her thoughts as Natasha placed a comforting hand on her back. Yelena did not act as if she had really heard anything as she remained close at Natasha's side, seeming largely unbothered. Of course, Kate knew that Yelena had listened to everything she said. Yelena just acted like she did not care but surprised people when they least expected it.

"Of course, sweetheart. We're always here for you," Natasha replied easily as she rubbed Kate's back affectionately, her eyes full of warmth and care as she eyed her. Kate felt her heart swelling with the love, and she smiled softly at her.

"Well, I'm here for you on scheduled appointments. Also, I'm here today because you contacted me a week in advance," Yelena sarcastically stated, and Natasha flashed a glare over at her as she smacked the back of her head softly yet scoldingly.

Yelena rubbed the back of her head hard, squinting at Natasha unhappily as she overdramatically reacted to the hit. Natasha had not even hit her hardly at all, and Kate knew that Yelena was just milking it.