Chapter Ten: The Perfect Storm

Ethan's Pov

It was late at night. Me and the girls, minus Emily, were at my house studying for the SAT's.

We were sitting in the kitchen, books spread out on the kitchen counter as we were studying as hard as we could for tomorrow.

Well, all of us were studying, except for Hanna.

She seriously didn't care about the test at all, if anything she was bored. Beyond bored.

"It's insane. How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" Hanna asked, clearly annoyed.

I chuckled at her and shook my head.

"Stringent" Aria said, reading off the word from one of the flash cards.

"Uh, tough. Inflexible" Spencer said and Aria nodded.

"It's not like you're actually gonna use them" Hanna scoffed, writing something in her book.

"Meretricious" I said, reading off the word from the flashcard Aria showed me.

Spencer opened her mouth to say something but Hanna beat her to it.

"It's not like you go to college and then...you start speaking a different language" Hanna chuckled.

"It's about getting into college" me and Spencer said.

"Meretricious. Um...Phony, flashy" Spencer said.

"Mm-hm" Aria nodded, I nodded and smiled at her.

Hanna picked up something from her food box and began eating it, making me cringe in disgust.

"Ew, buttercup, why are you still eating that?" I asked, writing something down in my book.

"Because it's here" Hanna said as if it were the most obvious answer.

"Put it in the garbage" Spencer said, nodding towards where the garbage was.

"Then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it" Hanna scoffed.

We all chuckled at her and shook our heads as we continued with studying.

"Besotted" Aria said.

"Infatuated, enamored, in love with" me and Spencer said, smiling at each other and high-fiving.

Aria and Hanna both giggled in amusement at our actions before Hanna turned to Aria with a smile.

"Hey, what did Noel say to you after the memorial?" Hanna asked.

"Hello, we are taking the SATs in less than 12 hours. Can we focus" Spencer said.

"Okay, Spencer...you do not need to know any more big words. You're already scary enough to anyone under fifty" Hanna said.

This made me and Aria snort while Spencer gave Hanna an offended look.

"I'm not scary. Am I scary?" Spencer defended, looking at me and Aria for answers.

Me and Aria glanced at each other before looking at my twin sister, allowing small smirks to appear on our faces.

"A little" me and Aria said.

This made Hanna laugh while Spencer rolled her eyes at us and continued working.

"Hey, I saw Noel Kahn hug you. And he did not wanna let go" Hanna grinned.

I chuckled while Aria put the flashcards down and gave Hanna an annoyed look.

"Talk about not wanting to let something go" Aria scoffed.