Chapter Sixty: The Lady Killer

Ethan's Pov

The girls, minus Emily, were at mine and Spencer's house as we were watching the news. 

Garrett's trial is on.

"Jury selection is expected to conclude today, and defense attorney Veronica Hastings made a statement to reporters this morning" the news reporter said.

"My client is emotionally exhausted. But he's relieved to know that he's finally going to have the opportunity to clear his name" Mom said.

However, the trail was the least of the girls worries, at least for right now.

"YOU TOLD ALYSSA!" Hanna and Spencer shouted.

I winced in pain and covered my ears with my hands.

"Can you guys not yell? My ears are sensitive" I scowled in annoyance.

"Why did you tell Alyssa about A?" Hanna asked, disbelief shown in her eyes.

"Look, I had to. A texted her three times and she was starting to get suspicious" I said.

"Well why didn't you lie?" Spencer asked.

"Because the first lie I told her, she didn't buy it. When she knew I wasn't going to tell her the truth she said that she would walk out my door and that would be the last time I'd see her" I explained.

"Bubs-" Hanna started but I cut her off.

"I know you guys are pissed at me for telling her the truth, but I don't give a damn because the last thing I wanted was to lose someone as amazing as her! Be pissed at me all you want but I don't regret telling her what she deserved to know!" I angrily snapped.

Spencer and Hanna flinched at my outburst.

Honestly, I'm shocked myself.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, my fists clenched at my sides.

When I felt myself calm down, I slowly reopened my eyes. I turned to Hanna and Spencer and saw them looking at me with knowing eyes.

"You really like her, don't you?" Spencer softly asked.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and sat down on the stool.

"Never in my entire life have I felt this way towards someone. But, Alyssa is different, she makes me feel something I haven't felt in a really long time" I sighed.

I haven't felt this way towards someone. 

Not after...him.

Alyssa just brought this light back into my life. And it feels so damn good.

Hanna walked towards me and gently placed her hand on my shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"Bubs, we are angry, but we understand why you told her. You two have gotten really close and we don't want that to end" Hanna softly said.

Spencer nodded and set her hand on top of mine, causing me to look at her.

"We understand. Really, we do. We're scared that Alyssa is going to end up getting hurt because she's not involved in this, but we know that you're gonna do whatever you can to keep her safe" Spencer explained.

My eyes softened and I felt myself calming down.

I smiled at the both of them, feeling relieved that they're not too angry about this.

"Thanks guys" I softly smiled.

They smiled back at me. Hanna sighed before turning to the T.V.

Now that that's out of the way, our mind is back on the damn trial.