Chapter Sixty-Four: Misery Loves Company

Ethan's Pov

The girls and I were at Aria's house. She's really sick so we're there to help her feel better.

We're all in the living room. Aria was on the couch, a blanket wrapped around her while Spencer and Emily were sitting on chairs.

I poured some tea into Aria's cup. I sniffed it and nearly gagged at the smell.

"What is this?" I asked.

Aria sighed as she took the cup from me.

"Some kind of herb thing. It's Meredith's cure-all recipe" Aria said. 

"I don't think it's working. You look terrible" Spencer said. 

"Thank you" Aria sarcastically said.

Aria took a small sip before sighing as she set the cup down on the table next to her.

I sighed and sat down on a chair next to Spencer.

"Oh, God. I couldn't have picked a worse time to get sick" Aria groaned. 

"Have you heard from your dad?" Spencer asked. 

"He left a message, but I haven't talked to him since he left for his conference" Aria said.

We heard the front door open and I turned around to see Hanna walking in.

"Hey. How's the patient?" Hanna asked, sitting on the couch next to Aria.

"Not great" Emily said.

"Well, I brought over everything that helps me when I'm sick" Hanna said.

She opened her purse and went through it before taking out a few things.

"Trash. Ginger ale. And three seasons of 'Saved by the Bell'" Hanna smiled as she listed of all the things.

The girls and I laughed fondly and shook our heads at her.

"Thank you, Hanna" Aria smiled.

"Are you sure you want to stay here by yourself?" Spencer asked. 

"Guys, I'm fine" Aria said.

"You don't look fine" I added. 

"So I've heard" Aria sarcastically said. 

"You sure you don't want us to drive you to your mom's?" Emily asked.

"No, it's her week with Mike, so the guest room's already taken. And besides, I promised Meredith that I wouldn't tell her about Ali's diary until we talked to my dad, so if I just stay away from her, it's easier to keep that a secret" Aria explained.

I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest, leaning back against the chair.

"I can't believe we're trusting Meredith" I scoffed.

Why the hell are we trusting the homewrecker in the first place?

When did Aria begin trusting her? Doesn't she hate her?

"I think she's really just as devastated as I am" Aria shrugged.

"You're not giving her the pages, right?" Hanna asked. 

"No, they're hidden in a safe place, and they'll stay there till my dad gets home. Then we'll give him the chance to tell us the truth" Aria explained. 

"And if he doesn't?" Hanna asked, worried.

Aria sighed as she glanced at all of us, seeing the worry on all our faces.

"I don't want to believe that my dad could have hurt Ali. But if he did do it, this is a family secret that I can't keep" Aria said.

I frowned and gently patted her shoulder, hoping to give her some comfort.