Chapter Fifty-Two: Birds Of A Feather

Ethan's Pov

We were all the grille eating and talking about what happened with Jenna. Mom and Melissa were here, paying for the food.

"Do we really believe that Jenna was off on a joyride that night?" Aria asked.

"Or was her plan to take Emily to Ali's grave all along?" Spencer asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Seemed to me like she was scared of someone" Emily said.

"And it seemed like she was blind for five months when she wasn't" I added.

"For purposes of my head not exploding, could we just say that she is telling the truth?" Hanna asked.

"Well, that would mean that we would cross her off the new A list" Spencer said.

"So who's still on it?" Aria asked, confused.

"Lucas" Emily suggested.

"No way. He might be a little unhinged lately, but he's not capable of digging up a grave" I said, shaking my head.

Hanna nodded her head while Spencer let out a sigh.

"Guys, all roads lead back to the black swan. We know that she was working with Mona, the sketches were in her lair" Spencer said.

Before I could open my mouth and say something Melissa spoke up.

"Spencer, Ethan, mom wants to know if you guys want anything else" Melissa said.

"Uh, no, thank you mom" Spencer smiled.

"Just order me a chocolate cake for tomorrow, I want it for breakfast" I smiled.

Melissa fondly rolled her eyes and chuckled while mom chuckled and shook her head at me before turning back to the waiter.

"Melissa looks great" Emily complimented my older sister.

"Careful, Em. You're making me believe you're falling for our sister" I smirked.

Spencer let out an amused laugh while Emily playfully glared at me.

"Yeah, she's back to being size too skinny" Hanna said.

This made us look at her with furrowed eyebrows, wondering what she's getting at.

"Black swan skinny. Think about it. We know that she lied about when she lost her baby" Hanna said.

"Woah, back up" Spencer and I said, looking at her with wide eyes.

"You think that she was pretending to be pregnant for that long? No. That's, like, months" Aria said.

"There's no way. She wouldn't do that to our parents" I said.

"Who else could it be?" Emily asked.

"Well, Mona started talking again, so maybe she can give me some answers" Hanna said.

I tensed at the mention of Mona, causing Hanna to look at me in concern.

"Bubs, are you gonna come? She might want you there" Hanna asked.

I sighed and bit my lip, looking down at my hands that were lying on the table.

I'm still trying to get used to Mona talking again but no matter what I do I still feel uncomfortable being near her.

Considering she used to torture us and not to mention she ran me over with a car and nearly killed me.

I think I need some space from her, at least for now.

"No, I can't and I don't want to. Besides, I have plans with Alyssa" I said.

A sigh escaped my lips as I put my head down and ran a hand through my hair, tugging at it lightly, I completely missed the smirks the girls exchanged with each other.