Chapter Thirty-Five: Over My Dead Body

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls, minus Emily, were at the police station. We were currently in one of the waiting rooms, sitting together at a table.

We were all dirty, our clothes were messed up, our hair was out of place and we were just so damn tired.

None of us said anything. We didn't really know what to say. We were just so tired and so freaking scared that we couldn't move.

I jumped when the door opened. We turned around, only for our eyes to widen and our jaws to drop when we saw who it was.

Detective Wilden.

I spared the girls a quick glance before looking back at Detective Wilden.

Why was he here? More importantly, where was he all this time?

"Did you miss me?" Detective Wilden asked.

No. No we didn't.

He walked towards us and placed his hands on the table. He leaned towards Hanna and I immediately scooted closer to her side.

"This doesn't just look bad, it is bad. Homicide is a capital offense in the state of Pennsylvania, and you kids are going down" Detective Wilden said.

I stood up from my seat, earning looks from my sister and friends, but I ignored them and glared at Detective Wilden.

"Yes, Ethan?" Detective Wilden asked.

"You better be prepared, because if we're going down, you better believe I'll do whatever I can to bring you down with us too" I scowled.

And that was a promise.

12 Hours Earlier

Me and the girls were currently outside of Dr. Sullivan's house.

We wanted to see if she was here, but she wasn't here. Of course.

Me, Hanna and Aria were looking through the windows to see if we could spot anything inside but so far nothing.

Spencer was looking through Dr. Sullivan's mail while Emily was trying to call her.

"Dr. Sullivan, Are you home?" Hanna called out to her.

I sighed when nobody answered as we walked back over to the others.

"Hi, You've reached Anne Sullivan. I've been called out of town on a family emergency. If you need immediate attention, please see your physician for a referral"

"I got the same voicemail" Aria said.

"Looks like she didn't come home last night either" I said.

"Looks like she didn't come home last night either. She hasn't checked her mail or picked up her papers" Spencer said.

I groaned and tugged at my hair as Spencer stood up from the ground.

"Maybe we should call the police" Emily suggested.

"And say what to Officer Garrett when he starts asking us questions?" Hanna sarcastically asked.

"Hanna's right. Garrett, Jenna, Ian, Jason, they're all connected, we can't trust any of them" Spencer said.

Emily sighed and nodded her head.

Hanna laid her head on my shoulder as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Look, the last time somebody thought he knew who A was, he got hit by a car. Sorry, Ethan" Spencer said.

I rolled my eyes at her and just waved her off.