Chapter Fifty-Three: That Girl Is Poison

Ethan's Pov

The girls, minus Hanna, and I were walking out of Emily's house. Hanna didn't join us because she was still upset over her breakup with Caleb.

"I thought Hanna was joining us for dinner" Emily said.

"Hanna hasn't eaten since Tuesday" Spencer said.

"Should we grab a pizza and go over there?" Emily asked.

"Not unless the topping is Caleb" I sighed, stuffing my hands into my pocket.

"If you guys want to go see her, can you just go without me? I already feel bad enough that I convinced her to tell Caleb" Aria sighed, feeling guilty.

"With or without you she was backed into a corner. This A does not feel like a high school girl playing games" I said.

"Well, if you figure out those rules, can you tell the rest of us?" Aria asked.

"You know what? I'm not really hungry" Emily said.

"Me either. My stomach's in a knot" Aria said.

"So's my neck. I haven't been able to brush the back of my head in, like, a year and a half" Spencer sighed.

"Spence, don't let creepy Wilden freak you out. If the police really knew that we were lying about the lake house-" I started, only for Emily to cut me off.

"It's not just the lake house. What about the negatives of that picture, Ali's missing body, all the things we buried with her, any of that could get us arrested" Emily explained.

That's true.

"It's my neck again" Spencer said in annoyance.

All of a sudden a loud siren rang through the air and we turned around, only to see a police car and an ambulance driving down the street.

"Are they going to Jenna's?" Aria asked.

"Garrett's" I said once I realized the place they were parking at.

We all walked closer to the scene, wanting to see what was going on.

"Well, who else lives in his house besides his parents?" Aria asked.

"I don't think they've been outside since he was arrested" Emily said.

"Having a son in jail for two murders might keep you indoors" Spencer said and I nodded.

We watched as the paramedics brought out a woman on the stretcher as they rolled her towards the ambulance.

My eyes widen when I realized who the woman was.

"That's his mom. That's Mrs. Reynolds" I gasped, my eyes still wide open.

It was silent for a few seconds before it was broken by Aria.

"Guys!" Aria yelled, causing me to jump in surprise.

"What? What is it?" I asked, confused.

"There, over there. There was a hoodie watching us" Aria said, pointing towards someone else's front yard.

"What are you saying?" Spencer asked, confused and shocked.

"You think A was out here watching us?" Emily asked, shocked.

"Are you sure?" Spencer asked.

"Why would A care about Garrett's mother?" Emily asked, confused.

"Maybe A wanted her out of the house" I said, realization washing through my eyes.

The Next Day

It was the next day at school and I was walking around the hallway, trying to find Alyssa.