Chapter Fourty-Six: Eye Of The Beholder

Ethan's Pov

The girls and I sat outside Lucky Leon's Cupcakes drinking our coffee and eating the desserts we bought.

Aria told us that some guy thought she was Vivian when she put on the red coat. She told us that they talked for a bit before he gave her his number to call him whenever she could.

"Well, he recognized the coat, but when he saw it first, he thought it was Alison. Vivian" Aria said.

"When we noticed you didn't come back, he was gone" Emily said.

"He was cute from the back" Hanna smirked.

"So was his front" Aria smiled.

I chuckled at that and shook my head in amusement.

"Under different circumstances" Aria said when she saw the look on Spencer's face.

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my coffee.

"He's been in Florida for, like, a year" Aria said.

"What did you tell him exactly?" I asked.

"Uh, I told him that I was a friend of Vivian's and that I hadn't seen her since she gave me the coat" Aria said.

Good lie.

"Can I see that number again?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah" Aria nodded before she gave her the paper that had the guys number.

"Thanks" Spencer said.

I scooted closer to Spencer so I could see the number and the name of the guy.

"Duncan Albert" that's the name of the guy that Aria had talked to.

"He said he met her in Brookhaven?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, in a bookstore. Couple places down from that creepy doll hospital" Aria said.

"Well, whoever Duncan is, he's connected to Alison and what she wanted in Brookhaven" Spencer said.

"How do we know that he wasn't just some guy she flirted with in a bookstore?" Emily asked.

"I don't think Alison wasted Vivian on flirting. When she put that wig on, she wanted something" I said.

"She was looking for A" Hanna said.

"Duncan was part of that trail" Emily sighed.

Aria sighed before taking the paper from Spencer as she nodded her head.

"I'll call him" Aria said.

"Aria, you don't have to" Spencer said.

"Any one of us could've been wearing that coat" Emily said.

"But it was me" Aria sighed.

As much as I don't want her to do this alone, she has a point.

She was wearing the coat and Duncan saw her. He didn't see us, he saw her. Aria has to be the one to talk to him, not us, otherwise he'll get suspicious.

I sighed and was about to eat my cupcake, when something caught my attention.

My eyes widened when I saw Jenna and Toby getting out of a car

Spencer stood up from her seat and took a few steps forward as the other girls turned around to look.

There was some sort of napkin or cotton covering Jenna's eye. I think she actually went through with the surgery to get her eyesight back.

"She had the operation" Hanna said in shock.

Toby turned around and when we made eye contact I offered him a small smile and wave.