Chapter Seventeen: Je Suis Une Amie

Ethan's Pov

Spencer and I were at Emily's house waiting for her to get ready for school.

We were both looking outside the window to see that the mailbox at Toby's house was destroyed. Smashed into a million pieces.

"Is my chemistry book over there?" Emily sarcastically asked as she continued walking around her room.

"Uh, I don't see it" Spencer said.

"It's probably in my room, guys, not the frontyard" Emily said in annoyance.

"What happened to the Cavanaugh's mailbox? Somebody hit it?" Spencer asked.

"It's not the first time,and I'm sure it wasn't an accident" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

No doubt that some jerk destroyed Toby's mailbox. And if I ever find out who they are they're gonna receive a black eye.

"Everytime I come home,Toby's out there cleaning up some new mess. And please don't say he deserves it" Emily said, looking at Spencer.

"I wasn't gonna say that" Spencer said.

Both me and Emily look at her with 'really' looks, making Spencer sigh.

Emily continued looking around for her chemistry book. My eyes wandered around her room and I spotted it under her chair.

"Is that it?" I asked.

Emily turned around and nodded as she walked over to the chair to get her book.

"Thanks" Emily said and I nodded.

Me and Spencer looked back outside to see Toby walking out of his house. Spencer quickly turned around while I continued looking out.

"Do you still think that somebody framed him?" Spencer asked.

"Toby? Hell yeah someone framed him. He's an innocent kid that did nothing wrong. I knew that" I said, turning around to look at my sister.

I sighed before taking my bag that I left on Emily's bed

"Where are you going?" Emily asked.

"To help Toby" I said, not looking at her as I left her room.

I walked downstairs and left the house and made my way over to Toby's house. When I got there I saw him trying to pick up some of his mail.

I frowned and set my bag on the ground and crouched down next to him.

"Need a hand?" I softly asked.

Toby flinched a little but when he realized it was me he sighed in relief and sent me a small smile.

"Oh, hey Ethan" Toby smiled.

"Hey, here, let me help" I said, picking up some of his mail.

"Oh, you don't need to do that. I can do it on my own" Toby said.

"Toby, shut up and let me help you. I won't allow you to do any of this by yourself. That's not who I am" I softly but sternly said.

All he did was sigh and nod and together we picked up the mail from the ground, along with the pieces of his mailbox.

At School

Me, Spencer, Emily and Hanna were in the library studying, reading a few books and finishing up some homework.

I was on the couch with Hanna, who had her head on my lap while reading a book, and I was doing homework.

Well, I wouldn't really call it reading, she was aggressively flipping through the pages.