Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Kahn Game

Ethan's Pov

Spencer and I were with Aria at the brew. Aria was trying to show us a picture on her phone.

I just wanted some coffee while Spencer was too upset to look at anything or talk about anything.

"Ok, I understand you're really upset right now, but can you please just look at this?" Aria asked.

Spencer and I sighed before turning around to look at the picture Aria wanted to show us.

"It's a photo of Maya" Aria said.

"Yeah, we see it" I nodded.

"I found it on her website last night, guys. Look. There is a stamp on her wrist that matches the one Emily remembers from that night. Holden really did see her there" Aria explained.

"Yup" Spencer nodded, clearly disinterested.

"Why are you not all go-go-gadget about this? This is big. This is a real link between Maya and that night. Look" Aria said.

I sighed in annoyance before grabbing her phone and setting it down on the counter.

"Aria, we can't do this anymore, ok. I cannot keep running around looking for clues, we can't spend hours hacking into websites" I said, clearly frustrated.

"Five days ago I literally forgot to apply to college. Do you get that?" Spencer asked.

The cashier handed us our orders, we thanked him before walking towards the couch.

Spencer and I sat down as she set her coffee down as well as he application.

"First I drive Toby out of town, and now this" Spencer sighed, clearly upset.

"Hey, it was just the early admissions deadline. You can still get in. It's gonna be ok" Aria reassured her.

"Upenn has been my dream school since I was eight, Aria, and yesterday I found my dream crumpled up in the bottom of a bag underneath my a.P. French and my physics homework. Which, by the way, I got a B on. A B. So no, everything is not gonna be ok" Spencer angrily explained.

Spencer leaned her back against the couch and threw her head back.

I smiled softly at my sister and gently rubbed her arm, trying my best to comfort her.

"I'm dropping my Velma act. From now on, I'm Daphne. Because I have got a boyfriend to get back, and I have a college to get into" Spencer explained.

Aria chuckled softly at that while I shook my head.

"I think you're confusing which Scooby-do character would have gotten into an Ivy league. And both Velma and Daphne solve crime" I chuckled.

Aria nodded and gently patted Spencer's shoulder before sitting down on the couch with us.

I took a sip of my coffee before furrowing my eyebrows together when I saw Cece walking towards us.

"Morning, ladies and gentlemen. This belong to one of you?" Cece asked, holding a phone in her hand.

"Yeah, that's mine. Thanks" Aria said, taking her phone from Cece.

"Sure" Cece nodded.

She bent down to look at Spencer's application before looking back at us.

"Upenn. Who's applying?" Cece asked in curiosity.

"Not me, cause I'm going to community college" Spencer sarcastically smiled.

This made Aria and I roll our eyes at her before looking back at Cece.

"She just missed the early admissions deadline" Aria said.