Chapter Thirty-Four: I Must Confess

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were at Hanna's house after she called us and told us that she couldn't find Emily anywhere.

She told us that when she woke up Emily was gone. Her phone was on her bed but she wasn't. She checked everywhere but couldn't find her and when she started getting scared she called us and told us to come over.

Me and Aria had rechecked the house to see if Hanna missed a spot but Emily was nowhere to be found.

Aria was looking through Hanna's closet while Spencer was on the phone with Emily's swim coach. Me and Hanna were pacing back and forth, I just got off the phone with Toby and he said Emily wasn't with him.

"Yeah, we weren't sure, we just thought that maybe she...yeah thanks" Spencer sighed before hanging up.

"What did the coach say?" I asked.

"She's not at swim practice" Spencer said.

"No, I told you. She's not allowed near the pool" Hanna said.

"Guys, all of her clothes are here" Aria said as she walked towards us.

"You think she did something crazy?" I asked, looking at all of them in worry.

"Like what?" Spencer asked.

"Like jump in her car and burn rubber till she hits Texas" Aria said.

"And leave everything behind? She didn't even take her phone" Spencer said, gesturing to Emily's phone in her hand.

"I wouldn't either if I were her. A had his,her, its hands around her neck and keeps reminding her" I said, clearly frustrated.

I tugged on my hair as Hanna let out a sigh.

"She hasn't slept in weeks" Hanna said.

"Who has?" Aria asked, sighing at the end.

I looked at Spencer and saw her looking at Emily's phone. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when I saw her eyes locked on something.

"Hanna did you not see this?" Spencer asked.

Hanna raised an eyebrow at her before Spencer handed her Emily's phone.

When she saw whatever Spencer was looking at, her eyes widened in shock and her jaw slightly dropped to the ground.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

Hanna didn't say anything other than handing me the phone.

I took it and when I saw what she was looking at my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

It was a picture of Aria and Mr. Fitz, making out who knows where.

"Is that you?" I asked.

I turned the phone around so Aria could look at it.

Aria's eyes widened as her cheeks turned red as she snatched the phone from me.

"Yeah, of course it's me" Aria said.

"Well, unless you're Aria's mom, just assume it's Spencer. You know, slutting it up" Spencer sarcastically said.

"When did she get that?" Aria asked.

I took the phone from her to look at the time on message.

"3:07 am and it came with a text. 'Clue Ella in and I'll let you out, A'" I said.

"Give me this" Aria said as she once again snatched the phone from me.

"Aria, chill. Emily would never send that to your mother" Hanna reassured her.