Chapter Twenty-Four: It's Alive

Ethan's Pov

I knew I should've left the hospital to meet up with Spencer and the girls.

Apparently Ian tried to kill Spencer but turns out A saved her and threw Ian off the bell tower.

The girls called the cops but it turns out Ian's body wasn't there. Meaning that the cops are suspicious of the girls.

The girls believe that A removed the body but of course the cops didn't believe them.

So we were currently in Spencer's room, the girls slept over because they were scared to go home and sleep alone.

Emily, Spencer and Hanna were lying on the ground with blankets covering their bodies.

While me and Aria were sitting on the red couch with blankets covering our bodies as well.

"I'm so sorry, Spence. I knew I should've left the hospital and met up with you and the others" I sighed.

"Ethan, don't blame yourself" Aria softly said.

"Yeah, you had to stay in the hospital and rest. You got seriously injured and the last thing I wanted was for you to get hurt more by trying to protect me" Spencer explained.

Speaking of injuries, my head is fine, my arm on the other hand is another story.

I hit it too hard that I have to wear a cast for a few days. Great, just great.

I groaned in annoyance and laid my head on Aria's shoulder.

"First my leg, now my arm. What's next, my eye?" I sarcastically asked.

"Don't think about that, just be happy that you're alive and here" Spencer softly said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I looked down at her and nodded, not really knowing what else to say.

"Ugh, my brain is numb from all those cop questions" Hanna groaned.

"I don't think I'd be here if it wasn't for A" Spencer sighed.

"A killed Ian to keep you here" Aria said, trying to comfort her.

"I'm sorry, but that is not a comforting thought" Hanna scoffed.

"A gives so she can take. We know that" Emily said.

"So what's the bitch gonna ask for?" I asked, lifting my head from Aria's shoulder.

"Whatever it is, I don't think we can afford it" Spencer sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"Spence, you didn't...you didn't see anything?" Aria asked, looking down at my sister.

"I saw a black hoodie, black boots, and gloves" Spencer said.

"Well, I think it's safe to say that A's not Jenna" Aria said.

"Are we sure?" Hanna asked.

"A sees everything, buttercup" I said and Spencer nodded.

"I'm starting to think about her, him, it. What's the worst thing that can happen?" Emily asked.

"A knows all of our secrets" Spencer said.

"Yeah. If people find out, we'll always be 'those girls who blinded Jenna Marshall'" Hanna said.

"And now we're 'those girls who are afraid of A'" Emily said.

"No, Em, I mean, you're right, but...look we have so much to lose" Aria said.

"I feel like I have a hangover, and I never went to the party" Hanna said and I nodded.

"We need caffeine" Spencer said.