Chapter Seventy-One: I'm Your Puppet

Ethan's Pov

I don't know how they did it but the girls managed to get themselves into Radley to visit Spencer.

Meaning we're all going to get to see her together.

The nurse gave us all passes before leading us inside to where Spencer was.

"You have visitors. Spencer?" the nurse asked. 

Spencer didn't answer. She remained silent.

"I'll be in the hall if you need me" the nurse said.

We smiled and politely nodded at her and watched as she walked away.

We all sat next to each other, across from Spencer, who still stared at us with no emotions.

"Hey. You knew we were coming, right? I spoke with mom" I softly said.

"We wanted to be here the first day. But she said you were going to be home tomorrow, so..." Emily trailed off.

"She still believes that? She thinks that I'll be able to sleep through the night if I just take a nice bubble bath and lay in my own bed?" Spencer sarcastically asked. 

"I think what she wants is..." Emily trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"I know what she wants, but they don't make a loofa that scrapes out the inside of your head" Spencer said.

Aria, Emily and I remained silent. We didn't know what to say.

"The park rangers found a body" Hanna spoke up.

Spencer's head snapped towards her while the three of us glared at her.

"Hanna!" we yelled at her in unison.

"What? The sooner she knows, the sooner she checks out of this place" Hanna deadpanned.

"What Hanna is trying to say is we have good news. They found a body in the woods. The police believe it was a camper" Emily explained.

"It was Toby" Spencer said. 

"No, Spence, it wasn't" Aria softly said.

"This person, he'd been missing for awhile and he was nowhere near where you thought you saw" I softly said.

"I know what I saw. It was Toby" Spencer sternly said.

Oh god...she still believes that Toby is dead.

We're trying to tell her that the body that was found wasn't Toby, but she still believes it is.

"Hey, so, um, I was thinking tomorrow night when you get home, we could all..." Aria trailed off.

"I need to stay here. I need more time" Spencer shook her head.

"Time for what?" Hanna asked, clearly annoyed.

"Hanna" Emily sternly said.

"Shuffling around in Mona's old slippers isn't going to get her any better" Hanna angrily said.

"Hanna, chill" Aria sternly said. 

"You know what, I would not dine here, if I were you, I had to sneak around in that kitchen, and I saw a roach big enough to wear an apron" Hanna angrily said.

I slammed my fist onto the table, causing the girls to flinch.

Spencer, however, didn't make any movements.

"Moving. On" I gritted my teeth.

I get she wants her out as much as we do, but she needs to dial it back a little.