5: Caught Red Handed

"For a second I thought you were gonna sell me out there Sanders!" Mattheo laughed as we walked into the great hall.

"Never Theo! I figured you were already in enough trouble with the school." I laughed with him.

"I shippppp!"Alayna laughing making a heart with her fingers.

Mattheo and I just looked at each other awkwardly. We passed Harry on our way to our table and he wanted to talk to me so I told the others to go get food for me.

"What's up Harry?" I said smiling.

"I just wanted to give you a tip. I was in hospital wing spying on you guys because I thought it had something to do with Voldemort. It didn't but I might know what is going on with Adrian. Go to the library and on the very back shelf no body ever goes near, there is a book called, Mythical Creatures: The Complete Guide on How to Find Them. Once you find that go to the 3rd chapter. There are a few options on what Adrian might be." He finished

"Alright thanks Harry we will go right after we eat!" I hugged him and met up with the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok why can't he just tell us what the hell Adrian might be? No wonder my dad wants to kill him so bad." Mattheo scoffed.

"Theo stop! He's like a brother to me." I made a pouty face at him.

"Ok, you win." He held his arms up in surrender.

We finished our food and headed to the library. I followed Harry's instructions and found the book. It was the only one not dusty on the shelf.

I brought it to the table the others were sitting at and I turned to chapter 3 and Draco began reading.

Chapter 3:

"These mythical creatures look like people but are far from it. They may be a hyde, vampire, or werewolf. For information on Hydes, turn to page 56. For information on vampires, turn to page 58. For information on werewolves, turn to page 60." Draco read.

"What do you guys think?" I asked.

"I don't think he's a Hyde. I've read about them and nothing matches up. Try vampires?" Alayna said.

Draco turned to page 58 and began reading again.

"Vampires:

Vampires are creatures who can only be killed by driving wood through their heart. They look exactly like humans but don't age physically. Anyone can become a vampire by being turned by someone who is already a vampire. They need blood to survive but it doesn't have to be human blood and it doesn't have to be fresh. Vampires also have extremely quick healing skills. They can recover from near death injuries in less than 3 hours." He stopped reading.

"Why did you stop Draco?" I asked leaning toward the book.

"How long ago did Adrian fall?" He said staring at the page.

"I don't know about 3 hours ago...." Mattheo's voice trailed off.

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

"To be honest I thought it was going to take you guys a little longer. I'm almost impressed!" We all looked up to see Adrain standing there walking towards us like he didn't just fall down the stairs.

"Stay back Adrian!" Mattheo warned.

"Ha! I'm not scared of you! It was all an act. I had to act all helpless and dramatic." He waved his arms around to show how ridiculous he thought it was.

"It was worth it and it worked." Adrian kept walking toward us. We all pulled out our wands and pointed it at him. They were all probably just thinking of a small spell like a knock back spell or stunning spell but only one spell ran though my mind. The only spell that Adrian deserved to get.