Bonus Chaper 1: The Beginning

It was my first year going to Hogwarts. I was beyond nervous. However, the excitement outweighed the nervousness just by a little.

I was so happy to finally be going to the famous Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I had just left my parents and I was walking through the Hogwarts express looking for a place to sit.

"Do you need a place to sit?" A voice came from behind me. A boy who was also in his first year peeked his head out from a compartment.

"Uhm yea." I smiled at him.

"Well come sit with us." He stepped aside and I walked over to him. I smiled and sat down on the bench across from a red-haired boy.

The boy who invited me in sat next to me. "I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

"Your the boy who lived?" I was a bit shocked.

"I mean I guess." He shrugged. I could tell he was very humble.

"And I'm Ron Weasley." The red haired boy said while eating a chocolate frog.

"I'm Kaitlyn Sanders." I introduced myself to the boys.

"Nice to meet you." Harry smiled at me.

"You live in that massive rich neighborhood don't you?" Ron asked with big eyes.

"Yeah." I laughed nervously. I don't like talking about how rich I am.

Ron offered me some candy which I happily took. We all hung out and talked with each other.

Another girl asks if she could sit with us because all the other compartments were full. Her name was Hermione and we were fast friends.

We let her in and learned she was born from muggle parents. I've never cared about blood status despite me being a pure blood.

I couldn't stop thinking about the summer though.

My best friend, Draco Malfoy, had moved away right after I admitted that I liked him a month prior. We were so close for years and I developed feelings. I told him and he moved away the next month.

We hadn't spoken at all since then. I missed him although my feeling were gone because of how rude he was to me after I liked him.

We were almost to the school so we got changed into our robes and waited.

When we got there, they took us out in boats over the water and walked into the castle where one of our professors gave us a tour.

When we reached the Great Hall where we would be sorted into our houses, she gave us a quick overview before we went in. I already knew it all but Harry didn't. He was probably the only one who didn't know about all of this.

He had told me about his situation at home and I couldn't help but pity him. I wished there was something I could do.

His aunt and uncle were horrible to him but his cousin just sounded downright annoying.

As we walked in, I looked around in awe at the massive room. The roof was covered in floating candles and all the students watched us as we walked in.

One by one, we got called up to be sorted. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all got put in Gryffindor but I wanted Slytherin. My whole family were Slytherins going back to the beginning.

I was called up and sat on the stool as the hat was placed on my head. "Hmm. Your brave and smart but also cunning and ambitious. I see great power in you." The sorting hat thought out loud.

"Slytherin please." I whispered.

"Slytherin eh? You would do wonderfully there." The hat stayed quiet for a minute. "Slytherin!" It announced as everyone cheered. I beamed.