27: Valentine's Day

I woke up to someone shaking me. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 5:29 am. Alayna was sitting up with her trash can in her lap.

"Layna what's going on?" I groggily rubbed my eyes.

"I keep throwing up." She groaned in frustration. Hangovers suck.

"It's ok. What do you need?" I sat up facing her.

"Water. I was barely able to get the trash can without standing up but water is in the bathroom." She gagged and threw up again.

Gross!

I quickly got up and grabbed a cup sitting on our counter. It was her gargling cup. Before filling up the cup, I stuck my head under the water and got a drink myself.

Slowly and carefully, I made my way back into our room carrying a full glass of water. Alayna usually downs water so I thought I should fill it up all the way.

For the next hour, the two of us just sat there and talked while Alayna occasionally threw up. Thankfully, it was a Saturday today and there was no class. Alayna would've had to skip it. It was also Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Theo hadn't asked me to be his Valentine but then again we haven't even started dating again. Even though we both made it clear that we wanted to.

I made sure to tell Alayna everything that had happened with Theo and we made theories together.

We came to the conclusion that he just didn't have time to ask me because she came in all drunk.

Around 7, we finally got up and she showered first while I picked out my outfit and made the bed.

I sat there thinking about how over the past 9 months, my life has changed so much. I went from being the kid in class who made jokes and messed around but also did the work. Outside of class however, I didn't really do anything. I had good grades in all my classes back then.

But now, I stay quiet in class, get sent on secret missions, almost get killed, and have horrible grades. I also did quidditch and have relationship drama. Not that I didn't have that before with Adrian though.

Alayna got out of the shower wrapped in her towel so I got up and got into the shower. "Hey Layna!" I called.

"Yeah what is it?" She called back. She was feeling better now I could tell.

"Do you think that there is a possibility that Adrian is alive and in that pack of vampires with Theo's mom? I mean I-I know it's crazy and all but I've been having these nightmares about him over the past month. 3 of the same ones." This was a bad time to open up about this. I'm in the shower for gods sake.

"KK, he's gone. That's all I can say. He's gone. The nightmares are only there because your so paranoid." Sometimes she could be so comforting with just her voice. "It's called PTSD."

"I know what it's called. I just can't help but feel like he's actually out there."

"He's not. Trust me. Now hurry up and shower so we can go get food!" She rushed me.

I finished my shower and got out changing into my outfit for the day. I chose black sweatpants with a white crop top. I put a blue flannel jacket over the top.

 I put a blue flannel jacket over the top