57: Breaking Free

Mattheo:

Once Kaitlyn's body collapsed to the ground, Alayna's dad let me go and I ran to her. I used my super hearing to try and hear a heartbeat or pulse.

I didn't hear anything.

Alayna and Draco ran to her other side. Alayna was hysterical. I kept telling myself that she would wake back up and that everything would be fine.

Alayna and Draco's parents knelt down with us. I looked to my dad who was smiling psychotically. I got up and took a step to him quickly but Draco pulled me away.

"I'm not loosing two people today. Please dude." He looked to my begging me to stay.

"Fine." My anger disappeared when my eyes landed on Kaitlyn. I looked to my dad one more time before he left the room.

I didn't want to accept that she was gone. She was so desperate for a way out of this. Her guilt to her parents must have been worse than she let on.

I just wish she didn't feel this was her only escape. She had us to confide in.

I was trying to help her but there isn't much one can do when their girlfriend watches her parents die and then is forced into your father's evil ways.

We all sat there for a good while unsure of what to do. Pansy came down with Blaise and Theodore. They couldn't believe she was gone either.

"Do we bury her?" Draco asked.

"Where? We can't leave this house?" Theodore spat with venom in each word.

"You have no right to be upset out this! You raped her remember that Nott?" Draco got up and so did Theodore.

"Yeah. I do. But she was able to forgive me even after that. She probably doesn't even remember it but that's not the point! Don't act like your some angel Malfoy. We all know you and her said some really fucked up things to each other."

"Yeah but at least I didn't force myself on her!" Draco argued back.

I looked at the adults who stared at the crying boys fighting. They didn't know what to do either.

"Guys." My voice was quiet and barley heard over the yelling. "GUYS!" I repeated louder.

They looked at me so I continued. "She wouldn't have wanted this. We all lost her. I mean she was the love of my life for shits sake but arguing won't get us anywhere. Listening to you two is making the situation worse so could you both please just shut the fuck up."

"Sorry man." Theodore pat my back and sat back down next to me.

"Sorry Mattheo." Draco went next to Alayna across the way and continued to comfort her.

We fell back into silence for about half an hour not knowing what to do. I hoped that she would wake up any second. That way we wouldn't have to figure out what to do with her body.

I tapped back into my hearing to see if there was any noise and there was a slight thumping noise. It wasn't a heartbeat. It was a pulse but I'll take it.

Just to be sure, I checked both her wrist and neck and sure enough, I felt her pulse. "She has a pulse! She's coming back!" I cried happily.

"That's not possible Mattheo." Alayna's dad said.

"It is, dad." Alayna spoke up.

"H-how?" Her mom asked her.

"It's a super long story." Draco chuckled.

"How much longer do you think she'll be out for?" Blaise asked.

"She's already been out for about an hour so another hour or two." I estimated.