17: Getting Ready for the Christmas Party

I woke up feeling much better than I did the night before. It was 11:38 by the time I dragged myself out of bed and came downstairs.

"Oh Dave look who's finally awake!" My mother said sarcastically to my dad.

"We're very pleased you could join us this morning. If you were much later it would have been the afternoon!" My dad replied in the same manner. "We got your grade from Snape's test in."

"Oh god what did I get." I felt my heart beat a little faster.

"You got a B+!" My mom sounded... proud of me. She usually hated when I got B's but with the amount that I was complaining about this test, I think she understood it was hard.

"Whatever. I'm hungry what do we have?" I played it off.

"We have cereal, toast, or I made cinnamon rolls and they are in the fridge." My mom explained.

"I'll take a cinnamon roll thanks mum." I went over to the fridge and grabbed one to heat up.

Once I had finished eating I went upstairs and changed into black criss cross leggings, a white sports bra, and a black cropped zip up. I left it unzipped though because I wasn't going anywhere today. This was one of my favorite outfits to wear on breaks.

All the sudden, my phone started vibrating and it was a call from Alayna and Draco. I answered. I joined and saw Mattheo with Draco.

I'm going to use initials again.

K:Hi guys! How's your breaks so far.

M: Hey love. Good!

K: Why are you with ferret boy?

D: Because he didn't want to go home, toxic boy magnet.

A: Can you guys stop fighting for two seconds?

M: I'm not toxic!

D: Not you I mean literally every other guy. Ok never mind.

A: Ok Jesus Christ! Do y'all wanna come hang here later? My parents said it was fine.

K: I'm down. I got nothing planned.

M: Same here we can go.

A: Well come over asap.

K: Layna I haven't even done my makeup yet!

D: Oh no! Kaitlyn hasn't done her make up yet!!

K: Shut the fuck up Draco!

M: I see what you mean Alayna. This IS really annoying. My moneys on Kaitlyn though.

A: Agreed.

K: Ok I'll be there in like a half hour. Anything to get me out of here.

M: Alright bye love. Alayna we will be right there.

A: Alright see you soon! Bye guys!

Kaitlyn:

I hung up and ran to the bathroom. I did my makeup quickly. It didn't look too bad. I brushed my hair and zipped up my jacket.

"Hey mum!" I called running down the stairs.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Could I go to Alayna's's house right now? We wanted to hang out for a bit." I prayed she would say yes.

"Sure. I'll apparate you there."

"Yes thank you mum!" I ran up to her and grabbed her arm.

We got there and I kissed her goodbye before running up to the door. I knocked and Alayna opened it almost instantly.