42: Arctic

Over the next 2 days, we had the same routine. Only this time, we could all get back on a normal sleep schedule. We had drank more than half of the alcohol on the boat just from boredom.

"Hey how many miles do we have left?" Alayna called to Theo while putting on a hoodie.

"642!" Theo yelled back.

"Thanks!" She yelled.

"Your getting cold?" I asked observing her.

"Yeah we are getting closer to the ice. Your not cold? Your in shorts and a tank top." She commented.

"I'm a little cold." I admitted. "I'll go grab a hoodie. Be right back!" I ran back down to Theo and I's room.

I grabbed one of his and threw it on. I made my way back up the stairs to the sun deck. "Hey Layna what time is it?" I asked.

"It is about 7 pm." She said.

"You didn't look at a watch how do you know that?" I asked confused.

"The sky." She explained.

"Cool! I didn't see Dray down there where could he have gone? It's not like he swam away or anything." I laughed.

"He'll turn up. He always does." She laughed with me.

"Hey guys!" Theo called.

"What?" I called looking up at him.

"We are out of gas in 3...2...1." The boat came to a stop. In the middle of nowhere.

"Now what?" Alayna asked as Theo came down to the deck.

"Well I have to go and fill up the tank. Which means I have to swim." He explained.

"No! The water is super cold here!" I stopped him from removing his shirt.

"Is that my hoodie?" He asked noticing it.

"Yeah." I replied timidly. "But your no going in there!" I got back to the serious topic.

"Look it's only for like 5 minutes. I'll be fine." He reassured me. "Want to go get the fuel for me?" He asked.

Before I could answer Draco appeared from below deck. "What's going on why did we stop?"

"We ran out of gas." I explained turning around.

"So now Mattheo wants to go down into the water and fill up the tank. The water is freezing here just so your aware." Alayna explained.

"How is Mattheo going to fill up the tank if he's not here?" Draco asked.

"What?" I spun around to see Theo gone. I ran over to see if he had went in which he didn't yet. "Where the hell did he go?" I threw my hands up.

"Right here I love you I'm sorry!" Theo was running with gas and he jumped over the edge. We were on the low part so it was only a 2 foot fall at most.

"Theo stop!" I began taking off his hoodie but Alayna stopped me.

"It's no use. He's already in there and you going in there is just one more thing we have to worry about." She pulled my hoodie back down.

"Fine." I grumbled.

"Hey man how's the water down there?" Draco laughed.

Theo shivered. "Perfect!" He smiled sarcastically up at Draco while filling the tank.

"How much longer?" I called getting worried for him.

"Not much. Maybe another minute or two. I just need to empty this in here." He said in between shivers.