40: Hermione

My alarm went off at 7:00am. Great we have classes today. I sat up and saw Alayna and Pansy doing the same.

"Morning guys." Pansy said getting up to go to the bathroom.

"Morning Pans." I grumbled tiredly.

I got dressed in my robes and headed to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I did that and once we were all ready, we left to get some breakfast.

We walked in and saw the guys all in a huddle of some sort so we went over to see what was going on. "Hey boys what's going on?" Alayna asked sitting on the table next to Draco.

"She broke up with me." Theodore said. "No reason, no explanation, nothing. Hermione dumped me." Blaise was rubbing his back confronting him.

"I could go talk to her." I suggested.

"You would do that?" Theodore asked.

"Yeah of course! Your one of my best friends. I'll be right back." I smiled at him and got up from the table walking over to the Gryffindor table.

"Kaitlyn hey!" Harry saw me and walked over to me.

"Harry hi! I feel like we haven't really had a chance to talk much how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. We're good. What's up?" We sat down next to Ron and Hermione.

"I just wanted to catch up with you guys and tell you something that went down." I had to stall and wait until it was an appropriate time to ask Hermione about Theodore. Otherwise, it would be obvious that I came over here to know.

I told them about the whole fiasco with Serena, Adrian, and Embry. They had a couple ideas on how to save me by the week's end. For some reason I wasn't nervous about it. Maybe in the back of my mind I knew she wouldn't kill me but make everyone believe she did. That is a very Serena thing to do.

"Bloody hell that's crazy!" Ron said in shock.

"I know how did you manage to escape that?" Hermione asked me.

"I guess we were all just... fighting for what we love." This was my chance. "Hey speaking of love, how are you and Theodore?"

"You didn't know?" Harry looked at me.

"Know what?" I played dumb.

"She broke up with him this morning." Ron explained.

"Oh. I'm so sorry what happened?" I grabbed her hand from the table and held it in a comforting manner. She obviously wasn't proud of her decision.

"Well don't get me wrong, I do really care about him but I realized, I don't love him. I love Ron as crazy as it sounds. And I didn't know how to tell him or how he would react." She looked down in embarrassment but Ron hugged her.

They looked really good together and I think it was a better couple than her and Theodore. "Well as long as your happy that's all that matters. I should probably go eat before classes. I'll see you guys in potions!" I got up and walked back to my table thinking of how I was going to explain to Theodore why she dumped him.

"So? What did she say? You were gone for a while." Mattheo came over and gave me a peck on the forehead.

"Well... uhm." I didn't know how to word it. "It's Ron."

"Weasley? What does he have to do with it?" Theo led me back to the table.

"Well, just listen." I said as we sat back down.

"What did she say?" Theodore looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I hesitated. I didn't want to hurt him but I wasn't about to lie to him either. "She said she does care about you a lot but she realized she doesn't love you." I watched his face drop. "She loves someone else." As the words left my mouth I instantly regretted it.