46: The Stone

"I should stay out here and protect the scepter." Alayna said quickly.

"Pussy." Theo coughed to try and hide what he said.

"Alayna I think I know who should go in first." Draco said flashing a look at me.

"Oh yeah! Youngest first KK." She smirked at me.

"Seriously? This again?" I rolled my eyes staring down the pitch back hole.

"Go on." Draco waved his hand motioning me to go first.

"I'll go first." Theo stepped in front of me and walked up to the stairs. There were cobwebs everywhere and the stone stairs looked like they would collapse at any moment.

He stepped on one and it held his weight so he started walking more. I followed behind with Draco after me. Alayna tried walking down but the scepter wouldn't let her.

"Guys it won't let me bring the scepter down there!" Alayna called.

"Then stay up there like you wanted to." Theo retorted as he continued the descent.

A few seconds later, we reached the bottom and illuminated our wands to look around. It was a massive room with old walls that could crumble at any moment with the same weird runes on them. It must be an old wizarding language.

We walked around and searched for something that could tell us where the stone would be. It was super hot in here and the smell was horrid. It almost smelled like decaying bodies.

"Guys can we hurry up I don't know how much longer I can handle the smell of this." I called my voice echoing throughout the chamber.

"I found it!" Draco yelled from somewhere.

"Great stay there! We will find you." Theo called. I saw someone's light coming into view and it with Theo.

"Draco say something!" I called to him.

"Something!" He yelled proudly.

We followed his voice and it led us to a small entrance. "I'm not going first again." Theo backed up.

"I'm not going first period, and I found it so..." Draco looked at me.

"Fine." I held out my wand and walked into the dusty tunnel. It was narrow and allowed barely enough space for me to walk through without walking sideways.

It looked like it went on forever but the lack of light was probably just playing tricks on my eyes. I was right because the tunnel soon let out in a small room with the stone in the middle again. Just like how the scepter was.

It looked the exact same. Minus the ice and snow. The stone was floating in the middle of a circular, stone altar with light around it. The same stones were also on the ground ready to kill us if we took another step towards it.

"Ready to be levitated again love?" Theo asked hugged me from the side.

"No! I came in here first." I defended myself not wanting to float again. "Draco hasn't done anything."

"I found this tunnel." He said quickly.

"So?" I argued.

"Children quit arguing!" Theo interrupted. "We can walk on this. We have magic remember?"

"Right! We cast a protection spell around us and we can walk over to the stone!" I agreed.

"I'll do it then." Draco volunteered.

He cast the spell and looked back one last time before walking. In his first few steps, nothing happened but then, something fired and went strait through the protection spell.