44: Rest Stop

"I found it!" Theo called after hours of researching.

"Well, how do we find the stone?"  I inquired.

"On the handle. Remember how we were all curious about the details?"

"Yeah what about it?" Draco asked tiredly.

"Well if you turn the runes in a certain order, it will cast a beam of light that only we can see showing us where the stone is." Theo explained.

"Alright. So what's the order?" Alayna asked standing up from her seat.

"It's on this really blurry picture." Theo moved the book so we could all see.

"Alright we can figure this out." I said confidently.

We spent the next couple hours trying to match the scepter to the picture. We thought we had it a couple times but, something wasn't right and we had to redo it.

I was starting to get frustrated when this kept on happening. "Ugh! I'm so done with the stupid thing!" I pushed some of the random runes with my hand in anger.

A strong, bright light emerged and spread out in a line pointing far, far away. "Holy shit." Draco covered backed up in surprise. "You should get mad more often Kaitlyn."

"I'll go start the boat and head that way." Alayna ran off leaving us in the room where the light began to dim. There was now just a single beam pointing north.

"Well I'm still freezing my ass off so I'm going to take a hot shower. Be back soon." I got up and left to take my shower.

After I showered, I did a whole skincare routine. I did clay, peel off, and sheet masks followed by some moisturizers. I can't remember the last time I took this much care of my skin. Life has been a bit hectic lately I guess.

I walked out of the bathroom in sweatpants, fuzzy socks, a thick hoodie, and a beanie.

"Hey your back!" Draco noticed me.

"Is that my beanie?" Theo asked as I sat down next to him.

"No. I never wear your clothes." I said sarcastically.

"Uh-huh. I'm pretty sure that's my hoodie too. And sweatpants. If you want my clothes love, you can have them. They look better on you anyway." He smiled at me and kissed my forehead softly.

I snuggled up against him and got comfortable on the couch. My eyelids got heavy and I shut them falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey it's dinner time." Theo shook me awake gently.

"Huh? How long was I asleep?" I sat up confused.

"Like 16 hours. You were really tired." He smiled at me. "I just laid you down and covered you with a blanket so you didn't get cold. And don't worry, I slept here with you."

"Thank you." I got up and we walked into the other room where Alayna was serving chili. "That smells so good Layna!"

"Thanks how much do you want?" She asked grabbing a bowl.

"A lot, I'm hungry." I laughed.

"Oh there you are. I was beginning to think you died." Draco walked into the room holding a cooler.

"Very funny. Give me one." I held my hand out.

"Give you one what?"