Bonus Chapter 3: Abuse

TW: Like the title says, this chapter will be about some of the abuse that went on in Kaitlyn's relationship with Adrian. If you don't feel comfortable, please skip this chapter.

Adrian and I had been dating for three months now. He was so perfect. Whenever I needed help, he was there. Whenever I was feeling down, he brought me up.

However, when he got upset or something had gone a way he didn't like, he got violent. Not always on me but sometimes I was the only thing around. He never means to do it he just has some anger issues he's working through.

I can't blame him. Alayna used to have an anger problem and I was always there for her so it wouldn't make sense to not be there for Adrian.

I didn't tell anyone about his anger problems because he was embarrassed about them. I respected that so when I would tell Alayna about how we're doing, I left out his episodes.

They were getting more frequent but he promised me he is going to therapy. I believed him.

"Kaitlyn hurry the fuck up!" Adrian yelled banging on the bathroom door.

"I'm trying, I'm sorry!" My voice was trembling. Nothing good ever came from him being mad. I hurried up and sprayed my perfume before exiting the bathroom and walking strait into him.

"Finally! Got damnit we're going to be late!" He walked towards the door.

"We still have ten minutes Adrian. We weren't going to be late." I said noticing the time. He stopped walking towards the door.

"Your clock is wrong. We're going to be late." He took a few steps over to me.

"I-I didn't know. Sorry." I mumbled not believing him. I was very specific about my clock. I always synced it perfectly to my phone.

"Say it like you mean it!" Adrian raised his voice again.

"I do mean it!" I raised mine. That was his last straw. His hand made contact with my face. My head swung to the side and I brought my hand to my lip to make sure I wasn't bleeding. I wasn't.

My head stayed there for a minute. I eventually looked back at him and met his eyes which were full of regret.

"I'm sorry baby. You know I just get stressed and I do irrational things." Adrain hugged me putting his hand on my head.

"I-I know." I sniffled.

"I love you baby." He lifted my face and I met his eyes with my watery ones.

"I love you too."

He pressed his lips to mine and we kissed for a few seconds.

"Now seriously, we're going to be late so let's go!"

I laughed and took his hand as we ran through the halls together. We reached class and earned a detention from Snape. I didn't mind. More time to spend with him.

We often got detention together for doing things we weren't supposed to and him being too loud to get away with it. It was honestly so hilarious to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four Months Later:

I walked with Alayna through the crisp April wind. We had finished our homework and decided to go for a walk forgetting how cold it actually was.

Part of me wished it was summer already. The other part didn't. I had a lot of bruises to cover up.

I was starting to loose my feeling for Adrian but I didn't know how to tell him. I had become embarrassed to even try to tell Alayna. She would think I'm weak.