49: Reunion

It was pretty late at night so the halls were empty. We walked down the empty corridors and I noticed just how much I actually missed this place.

We walked up multiple stairs and passed many sleeping paintings until we reached Dumbledore's office.

We walked in and saw him up and writing at his desk. "Excuse me sir?" Alayna spoke up.

"We're sorry to interrupt so late but I-" Draco was cut off by the headmaster.

"Where were you four? Disappearing for a month?" He was disappointed in us.

"We're so sorry professor. But if you could just listen to me for a second-"

"Answer me first Kaitlyn!" He demanded.

"We left late one night. We went to go hunt down the Scepter of Evil and the Stone of Darkness to defeat my mom." Theo spoke up. "We did it. She and all her other vampire accomplices, including Adrian, are dead. For good."

"I didn't sense you when you walked in. I can always sense life in my presence. Why couldn't I sense you four?" Dumbledore implored.

"Maybe your tired professor." Draco offered.

"No Mr. Malfoy. Just come clean kids. I know you are hiding something."

It was quiet for a minute. I finally spoke up.

"If nobody else is going to explain I guess I will." I rolled my eyes and stepped forward. "We collected both the scepter and stone and once we had gotten the stone, the vampires were waiting for us. There was a huge fight and I was stabbed with Adrian's knife. I-I don't really know everything that happened after that for a while."

"I do." Theo spoke up. "Kaitlyn was dying fast and in my rage, I killed my mom and Adrian. We burnt all of their bodies to ash and took Kaitlyn with us in the car so we could give her body to her parents. She suddenly just woke up and seemed fine. We realized she had become a vampire. We think it had something to do with Adrain's knife."

"So we take her to the vampire's den and she drinks blood. We realized that she would live forever without us so we had her transform us too. We snuck back into the castle and here we are now." Draco finished.

"That's a very... chaotic month you all had. Your secret will be safe with me. I'm still very disappointed in you all. I will come up with a proper punishment later. Go rest up and say hello to your friends. They have been covering for you all very well." Dumbledore chuckled to himself.

"What were they saying sir?" Alayna asked him.

"You should have that conversation with your friends. Goodnight to you all." He waved and walked back to his desk.

We didn't waste any time and began walking to our dorm. Once we got there, Alayna and I went to get Pansy and The boys went to get Blaise and Teddy.

"Pans!" I rushed over to her sleeping figure. "Pans get up!" Alayna and I shook her awake.

"Pansy we're back!" Alayna whisper yelled.

"Huh? What's going on?" She sat up with her eyes still slightly closed. As she opened them and looked around, her face lit up.

"Hi!" I beamed pulling her into a hug.

"Let me in too!" Alayna pushed her way into the three-way hug.

"How long have you been back here?" She asked finally pulling away.

"About an hour? We had some stuff to deal with." Alayna explained.

"But we will tell you everything once the guys get here." I added.

"No way!" Teddy was standing in our doorway with Blaise next to him and Draco and Theo behind them.