Family?

I quickly lifted my foot off her hand and stormed away, hightailing to the library. I needed to be alone, I didn't want anybody to see me fall apart, nobody could see me fall apart, I couldn't let anybody see how truly weak I am. Pulling a chair out I sat at one of the desks in the library, with my head between my hands trying to stabilise my rapid breathing.

"Hey Violet." I heard a soft gentle voice speak out next to me, I turned around to see Aaliyah standing next to my desk with textbooks in her arms.

"Are you okay?" she asked, sitting down in the chair to my left. Her sweet brown eyes were full of concern as she searched my face for a reply. Aaliyah is one of the few people I'd consider my friend in this world, she's two years older than me but we met working at the local coffee shop, sometimes I'd see her around school but sadly we had different school schedules. I always considered her like a sister I never had, I always wished I had a sister or a brother but Aaliyah made me feel like I did have a sister. 

I smiled weakly at her and nodded my head, not trusting myself to speak without my voice breaking. She opened her bag and pulled out a container of chocolate chip cookies. 

"Here I brought some for you, I know they are your favourite" she said with a smile, handing me the cookies. Her light blue hijab made her eyes pop as she smiled at me.

"Thank you Aaliyah" I whispered, opening the container of cookies she had given me. They tasted amazing. The first thing I ate in 3 days, and if I could I would only eat these for the rest of my life.

"I could eat a million of these" I smiled as I finished eating a cookie. She smiled back at me as she began getting her notebooks out of her bag. 

"Violet Sinclair to the principal's office immediately. Please bring your bag" Echoed through the library from the speakers hung in the corner of the room.

"Oh no" I whispered, closing the container of cookies and handling them back to Aaliyah.

"I'm sure it's nothing," Aaliyah said reassuringly as she smiled softly. 

"Keep the cookies I made them for you, just let me know what happens. Okay?" She smiles at me as I nod weakly and begin walking to the principal's office.

The principal's office is quiet with the door completely shut, I approach it quietly peering in through the tinted window noticing two police officers in there. I had become quite accustomed to frequently being called into the principals office for fights but never had I seen police officers involved. Fuck I hope they don't call Robert and Emily. 

"fucking Lily" I murmured to myself as I barged into the room.

"Okay whatever she said I did, i didn't do. This is all a misunderstanding" I announce although i instantly regret it as I look over to my principal. His normal cheerful expression is now gone replaced with a sullen sympathetic appearance, an expression which scared me more than if he looked angry. 

"Sit down Violet," he said in a soft tone pointing over to the chair across from his desk. I look over at the police trying to read their expressions. The young male looks sympathetically at me while the older woman's eyes are filled with concern as she smiles comfortingly.

My principal takes a deep sigh before looking up at me with teary eyes.

"Your parents- they- Violet I'm so sorry" He stutters as his voice continues breaking.                             "Cmon out with it Chief" I joke but his sullen expression does not change.                                                 "Violet your parents, they died" He abruptly states instantly anticipating for me to start weeping and crying but I provide no reaction as i shake my head lightly.