secrets

Before I have a moment to even process what he is saying, Leo lunges forward and punches Nico across the face causing Nico to stumble over.

Tobias pulls my face into his chest trying to shield me.

"How fucking dare you?!" Leo bellows, causing me to flinch, as I push my face into Tobias' chest.

"She's probably a druggie just like the people that raised her." Nico snarls out causing the anger inside me to boil over.

I will never be anything like them.

"She is keeping secrets, why can't any of you see that?" Nico yells as Leo punches him again.

I push away from Tobias chest "I'm the one keeping secrets?"I scoff "That's rich coming from the likes of all of you." I spit out, my face red from anger.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tobias asks from behind me.

"Who said we are keeping secrets?" Lucien asks

"Woah you truly think I'm oblivious?" The King's own Italy '' I did quotation marks as I finished my sentence ignoring Lucien's question.

"God how could I have been so naive? To think I was beginning to trust any of you..." I mutter as my voice seeps with anger. 

"Bambina please let me explain." My Father pleads.

"So you can lie more to me? No thanks family." I scoff before turning on my heels to walk up the stairs.

I need a fucking cigarette.

I feel a hand grab my shoulder causing me to yell in pain, mostly from the touch to the already irritated cuts and bruises on my shoulder but also from the sudden abrasive touch.

I turn around to see Leo looking at me with wide eyes. The anger that was seconds ago etched on his face now had turned into sadness and worry.

"What happened to your shoulder?" My Father asks from across the room, I narrow my eyes to him.

"That's a secret" I sarcastically mock.

"Violet please." Victor begs his eyes full of sadness.

I quickly turned again in order to escape, I got halfway up the stairs before Tobias catches me in his arms.

"Let go of me!" I yell out, trying to escape his steel grip.

"I'm sorry Violet." he whispers gently.

He throws me over his shoulder as if I weighed nothing. I bang my fists on his back but he doesn't flinch, he doesn't even react .He gently lays me on the couch, my head connecting with the soft cushions. Tears still stream down my face as panic rises in my chest. 

I scramble to my feet, tears streaming down my face. I instinctively grab my knife from my pocket. I raise it towards them as I back into the wall. 

"Don't come near me." I state as I wave the knife around.

Tobias and my father exchange a brief look while Nico is standing with wide eyes.

"Put that down Violet." my father warns still with a comforting voice.

"I want the truth." I yell , causing the pain in my ribs to burn.

"Okay" my Father whispers "okay" he sighs in defeat.

I lift my eyebrows bracing myself to his response as he sucks in a deep breath.

"Violet I never meant to hide this from you. But I wanted to protect you, I needed to protect you." my Father states as he takes a step closer to me. I narrow my eyes and he steps back again. "We are the Italian mafia. Us Kings have been the leaders for centuries." He stops himself as he looks up to gauge my response.

"Okay." I whisper. My voice void of emotion. The dots connecting within my mind, my suspicions all beginning to make sense. I squeeze the handle of my knife tightly as a thought crosses my mind. 

"I wasn't kidnapped by random chance was I?" I whispered looking at my Father.

"No it wasn't random." He replies through gritted teeth. 

"Everything I lived through, everything I went through that was because- that was because of the enemies you made!" I yell out so loud my voice echoes throughout the house.

"What the fuck did you live through huh? You were away from danger." Nico retorted.

"Away from danger!" I mock. My eyes, focusing on him.

To any bystander I probably looked possessed with tears streaming down my face, bandage wrapped around my hand and a knife pointed towards my newly discovered family.

"Yeah I had a fucking fantastic life with the people who kidnapped me!" I replied as my ribs continued to burn in pain.

"Was I away from danger when I was abused every fucking day?" I yell the tears stop cascading down my face.

"I was never safe.'' I murmured. My eyes lifting to look at my brothers and my Father expecting them to taunt me or expecting them to not believe me.

Leo slumped to the floor with his head in his hands, Nicos jaw clenched as he rushed out of the room, Luciens stood close to me but he couldn't even look at me, Victor still stood close to me but small tears fell from his eyes, Tobias lifted his hand to his forehead sucking in a deep breath as my Father looked at me with pain in his eyes, so much pain but his shoulders stood tall he was trying to keep himself from breaking.

I fell to the floor allowing the tears to wreck my body, the knife dropped from my hand.

"I'm weak so throw me out, kill me; i don't care." I whispered.

Suddenly I felt my body being pulled into a hug by my father, as Tobias quickly grabbed the knife from the ground.

"Oh my baby girl." My father whispered as he softly stroked my hair.Tears continued falling down but now they were absorbed by my fathers jacket.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed as he pulled me close to his chest.

My head began to throb as my ribs screamed in pain, the pain so intense I felt like any breath would be my last. I gripped my ribs trying to not pass out from the pain.

"Her ribs Victor!" my father yelled Victor quickly rushing to my side. My eyes closed and opened, drifting from consciousness to alertness.

Victor lifted the hem of my hoodie before looking to me for permission, the pain was too overwhelming so I made a decision based on the pain I was feeling.

I nodded gently.

"Fuck we need to get her to a hospital." Victor yelled. I was too out of it to realise what was happening but based on the eerie silence it wasn't good.

My father lifted me from the ground holding me against his chest.

"Please don't let him take me." I murmured as my eyes shut completely 

AN 

Hi!

chapter 11! i hope you guys are enjoying the book, i know this chapter is a bit shorter than usual but the next chapters are longer i promise!

Please like and comment and let me know any suggestions or comments. 

im so grateful for all the support i have received,this is the second book i have written so sometimes i do work on "diminish" so please check that out if you have a chance. 

Thoughts on Nico? 

i hope you all have a wonderful day/night wherever you are xx