blame

TW--- 

SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER 

MENTION OF CHILD ABUSE

"Woah" I muttered, my mouth hanging open as my eyes darted around the room.

"If you don't like it, we can change it. We weren't sure how to decorate it. Well it was mostly Leo and I who decorated it..." Lucien nervously started rambling as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's perfect! I love it" I announced trying to contain my overwhelming excitement. overwhelming excitement to sleep on a bed that wasn't merely a mattress on the ground, excited to sleep in a room not covered in mould; but mostly of all to sleep in a room where nothing bad had happened to me yet. A fresh start. I pulled my backpack off as I continued staring in awe at the sheer beauty of this room, a smile etched over my lips as gratitude swelled in my heart.

Luciens face lights up as his eyes fell on me. "be down for dinner in 5 minutes, okay?" He said with a smile as he began walking toward the doorway. 

"Oh I'm really not hungry" I admitted, in honesty I was but I didn't want to go down there and see that angry man. From my experience anger people are unpredictable, it's better to stay out of their way even if that meant starving; at least that was better than being beat.

Lucien gives me a confused look "Even if your not hungry, you still have to sit at the table. It's Dads rule" he shrugged. 

"Oh okay" I mumble pulling my backpack off the ground as Lucien leaves, gently shutting the door behind himself.

I notice two doors across from my bed, I walk over and gently open the door on the right and my mouth falls open. An empty luxurious looking walk-in closet is inside, I quickly shut the door worried if I look too long it will disappear.

"This is all mine?" I quietly asked myself as I opened the other door. Its a bathroom, a massive bathroom at that.
"Woah an ensuite." I thought to myself. Its got a large marble vanity with towels and a plant placed on it, Along with a massive overhead shower and a bathtub. The mirror has a button next to it and when I pressed it the entire thing lights up, like those mirrors from old hollywood. My eyes fixated on my appearance, my imperfections now illuminated. My torn, shaggy clothes hung on my body as the police jacket I still had on further engulfed my figure yet. I looked completely out of place. I turned my face to the side as I examined the bruises that were beginning to show as my makeup had rubbed off. I grabbed my concealer and quickly touched it up before leaving it on top of the vanity, knowing I'll have to fix again later.

I walk out and quickly begin digging through my duffle bag, grabbing my razor at the bottom of the duffle bag and a change of jackets. I locked the bathroom door and leaned against the wall, letting myself fall to the floor as I let out a sigh of relief. Finally I can fall apart, I don't have to wear this mask anymore and I can let myself breathe. I pulled my sleeves up slightly and ran the razor along my wrist, cutting slightly as I went across the visible bruises. I took a deep shaky breath and replaced the bandage my arm. I lifted my shirt up in the mirror and noticed how my bruised ribs seem to be getting worse. I glided my fingertips lightly over my ribs feeling the searing pain at the slightest touch. I dug through my backpack grabbed my painkillers and quickly swallowed two before deciding to make my way downstairs.

I didn't want to be late and make them angry.

I held onto the rails of the stairs tightly as I slowly begin descending the stairs, I gritted my teeth and took in a deep breath with each agonising step. Suddenly I could hear somebody behind me, hearing each heavy footstep on the steps as my breath hitched. I peered over my shoulder to see the angry man from before who was now quickly walking down the stairs with his hands in his pockets. He reaches me within seconds and his pace began to slow down.                                        "Attention- seeker" He whispered to me as his shoulder roughly bumps mine, the impact causes me to yelp softly . He had knocked me directly on the gash on my shoulder. He looks back at me and for a moment I see a flash of concern on his face before his gaze darkens and he reaches the bottom.